Something big missing..

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by www.sabrands.se, Apr 6, 2016.

1. www.sabrands.se

www.sabrands.se New Member

I think it´s really strange that Mumblr does´t have the possibility to make Facebook, Twitter och Instagram account a part of the blog. I mean it´s really important to be able to share your update on social media if you want people to read it.

The possibility to share, like and maybe comment would be great. Hope to see it on the next update. I have´t found any good blog-solution with Adobe Muse where my customers can login and make a update.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

sabrands, stay tuned for 'Agent'.
    Dj

3. quietghostdesign

quietghostdesign Member

What is 'Agent'? Is it an upcoming widget that collaborates with Mumblr? The need for social media to be embedded into a blog is a necessity, making Mumblr absolutely pointless for client-end work. The op's question warrants a much stronger and well thought out response. Being cryptic about future offerings is quiet a let down.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

quiet, I'm sorry you didn't think the response was adequate, but since this is a community forum not just support, there are many users that can still give a more detailed response if they have one.
    If it's functionality that anyone believes to be lacking, we have various forums for posting requests, and ideas. Along with direct contact through the support portal.
    I wasn't trying to be flippant, only reminding our users that "agent' is coming soon, and with it some functionality the poster asks about.
    Unfortunately, at this time since it's still in testing, I can't give a more substantial answer, but this link is to the newsletter post that went out to our members. http://www.muse-themes.com/pages/agent-cms
    Dj

5. quietghostdesign

quietghostdesign Member

quiet, I'm sorry you didn't think the response was adequate, but since this is a community forum not just support, there are many users that can still give a more detailed response if they have one.

- I'm really not trying to stir up trouble... but why even reply at all, especially as a moderator, if your answer is unhelpful or cryptic? You don't have to be a Muse Themes member to join this forum, there is a chance this person hasn't heard of 'Agent'. If that were the case, and I had been this person, I would feel pretty let down by your response. Even if they were a member and had gotten the notice about 'Agent', I'm not sure your answer helps. The information about 'Agent' sounds promising, but very little has been given yet. So, you're providing a cryptic response about a product that isn't even out yet, and which has limited information. The OP asked you a question about social media functionality within Mumblr, answer their question. Don't skirt the obvious answer, which is "no, the functionality you're seeking in Mumblr is not possible at this time". There is absolutely no accountability in your reply.

I wasn't trying to be flippant, only reminding our users that "agent' is coming soon, and with it some functionality the poster asks about.

- You didn't address any functionality in your reply. You just said, "stay tuned for 'Agent'", if you recall. And again, if the OP is not a member, they have no idea what you're talking about anyway. Also, the information that's being given about 'Agent', as of writing this, states that it will be a new CMS option for Muse. Which is great, but will the new blogging system supported by 'Agent' be a replacement for the Mumblr "blog", or will it simply add social sharing functionality to existing Muse Themes widgets? Social media engagement is specifically what the OP was asking about. I'd assume 'Agent' will add a more much capable blogging platform, replacing Mumblr, which clearly is not.

Unfortunately, at this time since it's still in testing, I can't give a more substantial answer, but this link is to the newsletter post that went out to our members.

- I think it's a poor idea to bring up functionality, when replying to a legitimate question, that you can't even speak on, when replying to a specific question about a specific product.

To call Mumblr a blogging option is a disservice to your members, as it's far from capable of being a true blogging platform. But it sounds good within the marketing scheme. Sure, it acts as a CMS for clients to upload images/text. But how is this a blog? How is anything a blog that you can't subscribe to, or share posts on social media with? How could I offer this "blog" to a client, and explain away the fact that there are literally no options to engage with your readers, other than subscribing to the site itself?

I've just downloaded QooQee's self-hosted blogging option to test it out. It's called a blog, it acts as a blog, it's incredibly customizable and scaleable. It allows comments, sharing, subscribing. It is a blog. You call Mumblr a blog, yet you know that it's not. You must know.

Why not just call things what they are? Mumblr is simply a Tumblr embed with functioning seo, without the inherent frustration of nasty i-frames. Sure, you guys did a lot of hard work to make Mumblr what it is. I just think you've ruined your effort by being dishonest with what it's capable of. If you absolutely need Tumblr in your site, great, this works, and it works well. But it's not a blog. A designer offering this as a blog option for their clients would be ridiculous.

There is just so much embellishment in the way you represent your products. It's disenfranchising and becoming more apparent. It makes me wonder what your average customer is actually doing with Adobe Muse, and your widgets. Are these people doing client work, or just fiddling around with their own personal builds? Sure, Muse itself struggles to be a reliable platform for client work. But your widgets add a layer of faux functionality, many of which are just .mulib graphical interpretations of copying and pasting API code. I'll remain a member, and use some of the great offerings that Muse Themes does build, but there are many things lately that are pushing me away. For one, your lack of care in replying to this person's question.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  6. quietghostdesign

quietghostdesign Member

Hey sabrands,

Since this forum's moderator was unhelpful in their response to you, I'll help you.

Mumblr doesn't allow the specific functionality you're looking for. There is no way to add social media options within individual posts with the Mumblr system. This isn't inherently Mumblr or Muse Theme's fault though. Tumblr itself isn't exactly feature-rich within it's social media options, outside of the Tumblr platform itself. Muse Themes has erroneously called Mumblr a "blog", in what I believe is an attempt to compete with other competitor offerings. Muse Themes obviously wants a blog to be part of their ecosystem, but Mumblr will fall short for you if you intend to use it for a client requesting typical blog functionality.

If you're not a Muse Themes member, don't let this turn you away. There are plenty of great widgets that Muse Themes has created. And while you will likely run into frustrating issues using them, they are in my opinion the overall best widgets you can purchase for Adobe Muse at the time of writing this.

However, I think Muse Themes overreached their ability with this one and haphazardly slapped the word "blog" on something that didn't deserve it. If your client needs a simple CMS option to add images or text to a site, Mumblr is a viable option, as Muse's own CMS doesn't offer this ability. If your client needs a true blog, it's of my opinion that Mumblr is not an option.

Again, Muse Themes has a few widgets in particular worth the frankly cheap yearly subscription. 'Agent' is a custom CMS option that Muse Themes seems to be building from the ground up, and it sounds exciting. It apparently will offer a true blogging system as well. Until then, here are two blogging options that may work for you in lieu of Mumblr.

- QooQee Muse Blog - http://www.qooqee.com/muse-blog - This is more complicated to set up than Mumblr, but is incredibly feature-rich and customizable. Allows for commenting (and moderation), and as of the most recent update allows for per-post social sharing options like "add this". It is a self hosted blog, meaning you will be uploading a .php file to your clients hosting server, which controls the blog. This is all pretty automated for you though, and only intermediate skills are needed. I've just tested this system for a client. They're very happy with it, and so am I.

- Muse Gain's MusexPress Blog - http://www.musegain.com/adobe-muse/blog/ - I'm honestly not familiar with this offering. It basically integrates a Wordpress blog into Muse. I'm not sure if it allows for social sharing options. It looks like a decent option if a client is adamant about using Wordpress.

Until 'Agent' comes out, which again, seems exciting and worthwhile, these are the two best options for embedding a blog into your site that includes social sharing, commenting, subscribing, etc.

Hope that helps!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016