Solved Some gripes

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by Chipp Walters, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chipp Walters

Chipp Walters Well-Known Member

Sorry to complain. First off, the bundle download doesn't include V2, so I really had a hard time figuring out the tool while reading and viewing the V2 copy (yes I suppose I could've seen it was NOT v2, but I sort of just expect to use it and not have to worry too much about versions IF I just downloaded the whole bundle).

Then, on the docs it says
    Dynamic: This mode allows the gallery to be launched from a single custom button. For details on this mode, see the "Dynamic Gallery" section below.

Turns out there's not a Dynamic Gallery section, only a bullet item in the same list. Looked and looked. Still figured it out.

But the most disappointing part was trying to put together a 34 slide presentation using this widget. Took me over 30 minutes to finally add all the images. Talk about lack of workflow optimization. I dread when the client comes back and wants to REORDER the images. Ugh. Even doing things like alternating colors of the ROWS of "enabled items" whould be most helpful. Too bad you can't just load a folder or a bunch of items at once. Way too tedious.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Chipp, I am sorry this widget is causing you headaches. I do see the Document issue and will bring this up to our team.
    This is always why, if we can, we include a Demo file, so folks can deconstruct our set up if all else fails.
    The Bundle download is something I'm not clear about? I just downloaded the bundle , just to check, and the correct widget is there.
    I think the confusion may be the actual widget labeling rather than the version. The widget is actually called Media Pro Gallery 2 but the version is V2.1.
    When you look at the widget in the design mode, the widget says MPG 2.0 (just as the single download does, although I think it should say MPG 2 for clarity sake), but if you look inside the controller it says 2.1
    As far as the loading goes, yes it can be time consuming. Unfortunately any gallery with a loader is going to take a bit longer. This is one of the strong points of the Gallery Connect widget. You can load faster and reorder faster.
    Again, very sorry for the confusion.
    Dj

3. Chipp Walters

Chipp Walters Well-Known Member

Dj,

Thanks for the quick feedback. I did go back in and look in the zip, and of course you are correct. I must've been unzipping an older version of the bundle.

I've got it all working, but as I said, the workflow is cumbersome. Probably most are issues with ease-of-use versus expert.

I'm curious, will the Gallery Connect work the same? Does it have dynamic?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  4. DjHerold

Chipp, I don't believe that it's like the Dynamic, where you can have it opened by a single button.
    Sorry
    Dj

5. CanoeCircleGraphics

CanoeCircleGraphics New Member

I echo Chipp's comments about the workflow on this widget. My client also wants to reorder photos or insert photos between others but I just drag out another widget and insert it between the others to make it work. I'd prefer an easier way to upload and reorder many photos at once.

My bigger concerns are the slow load time of the photos when you view the gallery in either Chrome or Safari. Is there a workaround for that? Should i be downsaving my gallery photos or is the widget doing that automatically?

And secondly, I am having the page scrolling issue that was mentioned on another thread. That user was able to fix it by changing the scroll option in the Page Description but that did not work for me I only have this problem in Chrome. Once I resize the window, the problem is solved, but of course, we can't expect the user to know that. The site is http://ornilux.com/projects.html.

6. DjHerold

Canoe, I know our team is looking into have the ability and design of this style widget, with the behind the scenes abilities of our Connect series widgets. Right now, the the Gallery Connect is far easier with the loading and rearranging, but doesn't have the 'Category' style of the MPG2.
    As far as image loading times, that isn't something that the gallery adjusts, any sizing takes place from Muse or the user themselves.
    It's always my personal workflow to optimize my images myself, before I place them into Muse.
    On the issue of the Scrolling, could you expound on the issue for me, or post the link you found on this subject, and I'll look into it.
    Thanks
    Dj

7. CanoeCircleGraphics

CanoeCircleGraphics New Member

Thanks, I will optimize the images to improve the load time. With respect to the scrolling, the problem I was having with the Ornilux.com site (which I can't recreate now, of course) was that the Chrome browser would not let me scroll down to view the entire photogallery. It locked up and only after I resized the browser window would it "unlock" so that I could then scroll down. Today for some reason it is working fine, so I'm going to assume I somehow resolved that problem and we're all good. :) Thanks.

8. DjHerold

I'm glad it's working now, and if you have anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
    Thanks
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.