Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect Javascript error dialog

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Bill Nelson, May 26, 2020.

1. Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson Member

Well, I paid for another year of MuseThemes, so am trying to get my money's worth on this post. Since Muse is no longer supported I'm not getting any Adobe love. Let's see how this goes.

I know it's an infamous issue, but my revised Muse website (advancedcombustionpro.com) is throwing the dreaded "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache... etc". in Safari, Chrome, Opera but NOT in Firefox on Mac. PCs don't seem bothered. Weird.

I've completely blown out my remote site of any files (via Filezilla) and uploaded fresh - selecting "upload all files" of course within the Muse app FTP functionality. My Muse site does not report any asset errors, either with missing elements or sizing errors upon launch of the app or when uploaded to the site, hosted on GoDaddy.

What am I to do? I'm accepting any and all suggestions at this point. Does editing the AppPrefs.xml on my laptop really work? How would that affect my client's experience on his Mac many miles away?

Questions needing answers. Thanks in advance. Running the Very Last Muse version on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 6.59.41 PM.png

2. Greg Epley

Greg Epley New Member

I had this issue as well...check this video out from the Muse-Theme peeps

I can assure this works and you do not lose any functionality and there are no issues with Inbrowser Editing