Solved.......Table Connect help

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Niklas Meijer, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niklas Meijer

Niklas Meijer Member

Hi,

I am trying to incorporate the table connect widget. We are using csv files as it works better with out workflow.

I have mad csv files for the table and preset from the google spreadsheets but when i go to preview the content only the header shows not the content.

Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated as it is a widget we would to get working.

I tried to upload all the files here: Site and csv but it would not allow me to upload the csv for your reference.

Best regards,

Niklas

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Nikalas, sorry you're having an issue, let's see what we can do to help.
    First, you mentioned you made your csv file from the google spreadsheet? Is there a reason you did not use the csv files that come with the widget? Either way is fine, just looking at the process.
    Could you walk us through your steps. For example, did you make a copy of the Google sheets and then save them as a csv?
    Maybe a screen shot or two of the sets in the widget, and maybe a shot of the csv file.
    Those would help.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Niklas Meijer

Niklas Meijer Member

Hi Harold, thank you for replying.

1. I didn't know there was local csv files saved in the zip, i have now tried using them instead of resaved csv's from google.

It seems to me that if i make any change in the csv file from the downloaded content, anything below the header space does not show. I copy and paste from one excel document to the csv.

I have included 2 screenshots:
    • The table after I preview page
    • The CSV file
      • I have pasted the information from one excelsheet to the csv file, i also made it the same font/typesize/styling as the provided CSV file from the download.
    I have tried save as with both CSV and CSV utf-8

Let me know if i can provide you with anything else!

Thank you,

Niklas

Attached Files:

4. Niklas Meijer

Niklas Meijer Member

In addition as a test I changed the first name in the csv provided from Alex... to testing and saved. No content is shown.

5. DjHerold

Niklas, I haven't forgot about you, I'm still looking into this.
    I get the same as you, but none of my counterparts do. We are comparing the way we are doing things and the different sheets, programs, ect.
    Bare with me,
    Dj

6. DjHerold

Niklas, I think for time sake I need to ask you place a support ticket on this (resources>contact us).
    The team will need to see your file as well as your spreadsheets (they will explain how to deliver those).
    I think one issue you have is the use of the special characters in your sheet, although that is a separate issue from the disappearance of the columns.
    One thing I am finding a bit odd, is I only have the issue with the data missing when I use the version of excel I have to modify the CSV files.
    If you can, remember to let them know what program and version you are using to handle your sheets.
    I am going to continue to look at this from my end (mainly because no one else I've talked with is experiencing this), and I also want to look at the use of Google sheets with my programs and see if it makes any difference. If I find anything, I will let the team know as well as you.
    Sorry I don't have better news.
    Dj

7. Niklas Meijer

Niklas Meijer Member

Thank you,

I have created a support ticket.

Best regards,

Niklas

8. DjHerold

Niklas, I’m sure you will get this information from the ticket you placed, but for others I wanted to post what I found.
    It looks like some versions of Excel don’t play nice with Csv files.
    I found that I was able to do any edits, and use the widget as designed, if I made a copy of the google sheets, made my edits and save the local file to my machine as a Csv file.
    Hope this helps someone
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.