SOLVED........Table Connect - Default Sortable Column

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by ne51, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ne51

ne51 New Member

Hi Guys,
    I am using the Table Connect widget, which is working brilliantly and a very powerful tool, however I have one question on its capabilities.
    One of the tables I am using is a leaderboard, showing points accumulated for each user in the table. When a user navigates to my site, I would like the user with the most points to be displayed at the top, points in decending order.
    So my question is, within the Presets CSV file, can you set a "default column" for the table to sort by?
    You can change whether the table is sortable or not by entreing a 0 or 1, but it would be useful to be able to choose a column number that was the default for how the table is dispalyed, similar to that of the choice to have a single column in Bold (currently on the last row of the presets CSV)
    Thanks

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

ne51, I do not believe there is a Preset option to do that, but it can be done within the Content sheet irself.
    I'm not sure how you do what I am about to explain in the CSV (I'm sure there's a way) but I have always done this for things like a Fantasy league or other point driven sheets using Google Sheets.
    Go to the header of the column you want to have your table sorted by when the website shows up, and click the drop down arrow in the header. Now choose 'sort a to z'.
    This will use that column to display the order of the sheet.
    For example, if you have a table with a players name, win/loss, team name, total points, ect.
    Sort the column (in the google sheet) of the one you want to drive the display, in your case Total points.
    When the table is loaded or refreshed, the sort will be by that column, even if the column is not the first column.

I hope this helps
    Dj

3. ne51

ne51 New Member

Thanks Dj, that's worked perfectly! Appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.