Solved........Article Connect: Where can I change language settings? I need umlauts!

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Janne, May 28, 2019.

1. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hey there,
    I´m currently customizing the csv files for Article Connect. So far everything works fine, except I miss an option to change the language settings. As a German I need umlauts and unfortunately your widget shows a ? instead of umlauts.
    Where can I fix this?

Thx, Janne
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-28 um 16.10.27.png

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Janne, I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience. We've been struggling to find a good method for proper language support because Muse doesn't have widget side support for alternate languages (widget can't access alternate language files and such). Article connect pulls any content from spreadsheet/doc, and that would include content written in other languages, however some more complex languages could possibly give the parser troubles which is why we haven't been able to offer it.

Another issue is that we have to hardcode our widgets so the spreadsheet column names, etc, those have to remain English so our widget can detect them and display the proper information.

I will put this again in front of the developers, but I'm not sure what can be done.
    It would also help if you could drop the support guys a note and we can cover all bases.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Thx for your answer, Dj. This is disappointing indeed. Without umlauts this widget is useless for me. Which also means that I can´t add a blog to my muse site.
    I´ll contact the support guys as you suggested though.
    Janne

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Janne likes this.
  5. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Thank you, Dj – you are quicker than me. ;) Yes this was their solution. The first link is very unpractical since I´d have to exchange every single umlaut with unicode. But the second link is very helpful indeed. It converts all umlauts automatically and now my text is shown correctly. :)

6. logan44

logan44 Member

Thanks Dj and Musethemes this really got me out of a jam!
    I'vee been struggling with this for some while.
    Thanks again. Logan