SOLVED...........Article Connect - any way for client to edit without using Google Docs?

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Steven Farber, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Steven Farber

Steven Farber Member

I was using Google Docs for my Article Connect blog on a client's website. But Google has now introduced a "security" measure of placing a redirect warning on all embedded links, which, instead of going to the desired link, takes the reader to an intermediate page where it asks for clarification if you really want to go to the specified link. This is annoying and my client doesn't like it at all (and why would they?).

So, is there a work-around for this? My client needs to be able to edit the articles and add more as they can now.

Can it be used with any other source? Dropbox? Anything?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Steven, I am sorry you are experiencing issues.
    Are you and your client experiencing this with only Google Docs?
    Are you able to use Google sheets? I am not experiencing this with those.
    Thanks
    DJ

3. Steven Farber

Steven Farber Member

I used google docs for the blog articles...how donyou use sheets? Can this be used for that purpose? If so, how do I do it? (Thank you so much!)

4. DjHerold

Steven, take a look at our video tutorial on the widget, mainly the second video in the 3 part series.
    It talks more about using the Google sheets (or local CSV files if you'd rather. Although I'd say the Google Sheets version because you have a client that wants to edit), rather than using Google Docs.
    The main difference is Google Docs uses a typical word doc format, that non web people feel more comfortable with, whereas the Google Sheets method uses HTML to create your blog.
    I know your first reaction will be, "my client won't know how to use HTML", and as a non coder myself, I felt that way for my own use.
    But, if you give them the link to the HTML editor we include in the widget (right next to the google sheets templates) they can easily make all their content, add links, images, color, styling, ect, just by typing like a word doc, and doing a copy paste into the on line google sheet (just like docs only instead of a key, they paste the HTML).
    Before you decide against this approach, I encourage trying it out. I've found I like it much better, and the loading time is faster.Let me know what you think.
    Dj

Steven Farber likes this.
  5. Steven Farber

Steven Farber Member

Okay DJ, going to give that a try...right now! I will keep you posted. Thank you for your help!

6. Steven Farber

Steven Farber Member

DJ, that worked fabulously!! It is exactly what I needed. Thank you SO MUCH for your help with this! You're Da Man!

7. DjHerold

Steven, I'm glad to have helped.
    If there's anything else, I will certainly try to assist.
    Dj