Social Sharing widget

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Peter Rath, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Peter Rath

Peter Rath Member

I have a few questions about the social sharing widget.
    1 - the image defaulted when using the widget can this be changed?
    2 - What drive the tile of the Facebook sharing under the image is that the page name in the browser to the title on the page?
    3 - when I apply a description to the Facebook section I don't see it in the Facebook popup but seems to wrk what I apply it to the Twitter section when I apply one.

Thanks

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Peter, good questions. I do not believe you can change the images.
    May I ask, have you watched the video on the widgets product page? I think most of your questions are covered in the video, give it a look and let us know if you would like more assistance.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Peter Rath

Peter Rath Member

I watched the video for this widget again but it just show the basics and the options in the video look different from the widget I downloaded today. In the video it doesn't show the options for the different social sites for setting up the descriptions for the different icons - Im only using Twitter and Facebook. Twitter seems to work the way I need it but Im having issues with Facebook. Do I need to set up meta tags to get this to work? Do I need any of the code from the Facebook developer site and if so how do i apply it to my site in muse. Attached is the error message I get from the Facebook debugging page saying things are missing. I need to be able to change the title and add a description and change the Facebook image. You also have a widget called Facebook Preview that in the video say that you can change these things I need to change but doesn't seem to be working for me that way the video says it should. Any info would be greatly appreciated to point me in the right direction to fix my issue. Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. Peter Rath

Peter Rath Member

Ok I sort of figured out some of my questions. Does it matter when I test it through Adobe business catalyst that I use the real URL or the catalyst URL - for me I get what I want when I use the business catalyst URL but will it work what I change it to the real URL. Still not sure on the warning from the screenshot from my post from yesterday about the when I debug the Facebook share.

5. Peter Rath

Peter Rath Member

Other than the question above how do I attach an image instead of the default that gets uploaded. I tried "Add Files For Upload" under file and putting the name in the widget in the "Facebook Sharing Image" highlighted in pink but nothing changes even after I try to debug it through Facebook. Any idea on what I can do to do this.

Attached Files:

6. mjohnston

mjohnston Member

I am interested if this issue has improved too. In the past I used this and there was a work around that was alot of work and you had to pick one generic image that it would default to. There is no point in sharing without a picture.

7. SteveTrombley

SteveTrombley New Member

I too am trying to figure out how to set the image - I've entered the image url on the Facebook Picture field but it doesn't show. Also, I am having the same issue setting the title as well. Can someone share the solutions. Thanks!

8. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Guys, it would probably be easier (when there are no solutions from our users) to place a support ticket (support>contact) and see if it's something the team can help with.
    We understand that a bunch of widgets have had their fly out menus changed with new stuff added to Muse, and we are working on updating the pages and videos. I know it's not a help, but with the new version of Muse on the horizon, we are working to update and make all the widgets compatible. So rather than fix one thing, we are trying to ramp them all up.
    Dj