Smooth Scrolling anchors stopped working correctly

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by TracyB2017, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TracyB2017

TracyB2017 Member

I'm at my wits' end with this website! I used the anchor scroll widget and it worked perfectly for a long time but now it isn't going to where the anchor actually is for any of the anchors on the home page. I tried bringing the anchors to the front in layers, I tried replacing them. The other widgets I have on the page are the pop-ups pro and Cinch responsive slideshow. I'm supposed to launch this site before the 1st of November. Helllllp!

www.test.giantleapproductions.com

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Tracy, you stated the widget worked for a long time, what changed?
    Could you provide some insight to what you have done since they worked, and possibly some screen shots of the widgets settings and the anchors?
    Thanks
    Dj

3. TracyB2017

TracyB2017 Member

Hi, Dj! I don't remember if they still worked after I added the pop-ups pro widget, but they definitely stopped working after I started working on a 480 breakpoint for phones. (I started with just a 1200) I just went through and made sure that each section is on the proper layer, and it still routinely is showing the place where the anchors are placed in the middle of the browser window instead of at the top. I'm attaching a screenshot of the top of the home page and one of the settings in the pop-ups. I have the same settings in all three, just different button styles.

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

Tracy, only since you didn't mention it, did you try removing the other widgets (one at a time)?
    Dj

5. TracyB2017

TracyB2017 Member

I just removed the pop-ups and the scroll anchor works perfectly. I need the popup, though. What should I do??

6. DjHerold

Tracy, the first thing I'd try would be to disable the scroll on Mobile. It's less effective on smaller devices.
    If that doesn't work or it's not what you desire, I'd disable the pop up pro on the mobile size.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

7. TracyB2017

TracyB2017 Member

Thank you! I'm using the pop-ups widget as an email capture, like "download our free e-book" type thing. Do you have any other suggestions for how to accomplish that without the pop-ups?

8. TracyB2017

TracyB2017 Member

I just decided to give up on the pop-ups and made a new page with the email capture on it.

9. DjHerold

Tracy, thanks for the update, sorry it didn't work out for you.
    If you decide to try it again and you have similar issues, please drop our support team a line (resources>contact us.
    Thanks again
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.