Solved Slick Stack Adding Additional Sections

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by nicolem, Jul 11, 2016.

1. nicolem

nicolem Member

So i'm using the slick stacks widget and for the life of me I can't figure out how to add an additional group of three after the original six it comes with. I can add another trigger in the bottom left of the widget, but when I do that it just creates a blank "screen" when using the widget. How do I copy over the styled boxes into new sections, not seeing any way to copy and paste. I saw a question about this in the comments of the widget page and the team advised her to watch the Galleries 101 video but I personally didn't get an answer out of watching the video.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

nicolem, that's a good question and one that get's people confused a lot.
    First thing is to remember you are working with a composition widget as the base, so all the composition widget rules apply.
    Here's what you do. First, if you notice that when you select one of the two 'Triggers', that even in design mode it changes the respective 'Target'.
    Click into (select) the target area until you see the 'Target' listing in the upper left of Muse. Once you are in the target (it is filled with three State button that contain the content), select each state button, (holding down shift to get all three) and choose Copy.
    So, as you stated, now click the plus sign next to the last trigger, it should add a trigger and give you a Blank 'Target'.
    Simply 'Paste in Place, and you should have three new buttons added to the target to now style and use.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. nicolem

nicolem Member

Okay so when i click each trigger, it doesn't activate the target. I'm able to create a new trigger, click into the target and select each state button holding down shift, and copy, paste into place. But, when I do this, and preview it its sitting static on top of the original content, which slides behind when I click the arrows. I've uploaded to my dummy site for you to view: http://inkdesigncompany.com/all-afire.html#aa

4. DjHerold

nicolem, that happens because you didn't paste it into a new target.
    Starting from the widget being placed on the page, if you look at the top left as your "what's selected" key, select the the last (of two) trigger, make sure it's selected (look up top), when you have it selected you should see the three content areas marked 4,5 and 6.
    If you hit the plus sign next to it you should get a new trigger, select that trigger and it will bring up a blank target.
    That's the area you place your copied content into.
    If you don't have a blank target selected, you get what your file show (you've just pasted the copied content on top of the whole composition widget.
    Dj

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

5. nicolem

nicolem Member

Okay, something must have happened when I changed the styling because I wasn't able to get it to work on my styled version. I had to drag out a new instance of the widget and when I followed the steps, it worked. I'll just have to restyle everything which is worth it to figure out how to do this. Thanks for the help!!

6. mjohnston

mjohnston Member

Thank you This is very helpful. is there a way to add a column? Or is it limited to 3 columns

7. DjHerold

Mjohnston, you add add as many items as the 'Target' can hold.
    Dj