Solved Slick-allax

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Orris, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Orris

Orris New Member

Hi everyone!
    I'm rather new on Muse but I'm quite comfortable with HTML-programming.
    When I just try to use a template (like e.g. Slick-Allax) there are some features that I can't control.

There are some videos for som widgets and templates - can you put up one for this specific theme?
    There are a lot of things happening and to control these sliders and so on would be great in other themes as well..

Thanx

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Orris, thanks for posting and welcome. I certainly understand the learning issues, and we really try to get as much (and hopefully crossover style tutorials) info to our users.
    With the impending new release of Muse, and the changes it will be bringing, we probably won't be putting out any new videos for older products for a bit. We will soon, but I don't want to give you the impression it will be right away.
    As for instructions or any help you need, we will be more than happy to help you or try to guild you to the info you require anytime we can.
    Don't forget we have a large compliment of videos, not only with each product (where it's possible) and in the video area. Sometimes another video will carry the info you need, so be sure to check them out when you can.
    In addition, we have an every changing area called 'Knowledge Based Articles', that is like mini tutorials on various subjects.
    Now, having said all that, is there a something specific you would like answered to begin with. We can walk you through whatever you need.
    Dj

3. Orris

Orris New Member

Thanx alot!
    I've went through a couple of videos - but I can't find anywhere how to define the "areas" E.G. Back to Slick-allax - I'd like to add some peole in the team and I'd wish to add more context under the "Service" tag in the menue...

Can you help me out?

Thanx for great service!

//Jerry

4. DjHerold

Orris, when you are referring to 'Defining Area's', I am going to assume you are talking about the Blue page area surrounding the team photos and text. In theory, this is a simple blue, filled rectangle. But you need to understand that this is a heavy Parallax scrolling site, so simple is relative to your knowledge of Muse, and Parallax scrolling.
    What I'd like you to do first is watch this video (). It's an older video on you tube that covers Parallax templates (two templates one of which is the Slick allax template). It will answer these questions I believe.
    When you have additional questions, just fire away.
    Dj

Orris likes this.
  5. Orris

Orris New Member

Thanxs - U ROXX!
    I have another one (of course ;)) I've downloaded a Playlist widget called AUDIO PLAYLIST. I don't have any problems with the playlist, settings and so on but...when I open the preferenses I can't see all the options - especially the bottom. I've tried to scroll out as much as possible in MUSE but that doesn't effect the preferensebar. I've tried to change my screensettings - but I have them already at 1920x1080 - is there any possibillity to make the preferensebar "floating"?

PS Thanx for the video - you got it right - it was the blue rectangel :cool: DS

6. DjHerold

Orris, the menu's can be an issue in Muse, especially with more complex widgets and smaller monitors. For now changing the resolution is the most used option. I have done this, but don't recommend it if you're not a computer geek, but there is a way to change your monitor view to make it sideways. It lets you see the menu but i awfully hard to navigate in a sideways postilion and if you can't find your way back to reset things.......that's a problem.
    We are hoping in a new version of Muse they will address this and allow the widgets to have side by side panels. It's being looked at.
    Dj

7. Orris

Orris New Member

Thanx - that was my next option - I'm looking forward for the new MUSE - and again - thanx for your quick response.

//Jerry