Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

SITE FOR PRODUCTION COMPANY

Discussion in 'Member Showcase' started by CRAIG, Aug 18, 2016.

1. CRAIG

CRAIG Well-Known Member Advisory Group

Hi all.

http://starfilms.tv/

Have finished a site for "Star Films" - A south African Production company. Pretty basic site, showcasing their showreels, with an adaptive mobile version.

I'd like to relook some design elements, but all in all its done ;)

2. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

I really like it Craig! Great design. My only comment, and it's most likely due to my aging eyes, is that I found a lot of the smaller font hard to read. Time to get some glasses perhaps!!

Robbie Schweidler likes this.
  3. Mackenzie Campbell

Mackenzie Campbell Moderator Staff Member

Hi Craig, great job! Do you mind if we feature this on our social channels?

Mackenzie

4. CRAIG

Hi Mackenzie, no problem ;)

Thank you !

5. CRAIG

Thanks Sarah - yea - thats something i need to look into, looks fine on my retina, but a little small and illegible on other monitors. Should probably test in multiple resolutions next time ;)

Thanks again

Sarah likes this.
  6. Robbie Schweidler

Robbie Schweidler New Member

Hi Craig,

Really slick site. Loads quickly too, nice work!
    How did you create the interactive logo disperse thing on the homepage? That's really cool!
    I do agree about the font choices though, the tracking is a bit wide and the all caps makes it a bit tricky to read from an accessibility point of view.

7. CRAIG

Thanks Robbie, i've taken constructive criticism about legibility and font size to heart, and have hopefully rectified some of the issues. The interactive logo was created using a 3rd party widget called particles, from some guy in russia (from creative market)

8. Sidders

Sidders Member

Great site Craig. This happened when browsing in portrait (which I don't normally do)

Just needs a resize on the breakpoint. Great star text opening!

Attached Files:

9. Mike Valkanet

Mike Valkanet Well-Known Member

Great work! Very unique.

10. anderson

anderson Member

Great site design I liked the particle effect on the intro type. I would make some of the desktop like a litle more obvious but overall a great feel.

11. sarah.33

sarah.33 Member

Hi!
    I love it it's very original great idea ! Animation of Home page is very fun.