Solved Site doesnt look the same on my Sony phone as in Muse

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Joe Segal, May 7, 2016.

1. Joe Segal

Joe Segal Member

Hello,
    Thanks for your help.
    I spent a lot of time building my first site. I have watched much of the tutorial but much of it left to watch on responsive MUSE so bear with me please all help is appreciated!

I have a Sony Experia phone. Its a 5 inch phone.
    I have breakpoints at 320px and 480px.
    Parts of the text is not behaving responsively at all.
    Do I need to add some "responsive text widget" and set a class or something I failed to do?

I added the starter footer widget but it seems not to behave responsively either.
    My site is www.betterworldadvocates.com

What am I doing wrong?
    What should I focus on reviewing in the tutorial videos.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Joe Segal

Joe Segal Member

Now its not even going to the phone break point on my phone! its showing the desktop view. wth?

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Joe, one of the important items with text is your page pinning and grouping. Since we are all coming off the old Muse, with responsive it's more important than ever to learn when to use grouping, and to remember we now have page pinning instead of just browser pinning.
    Di-sect some of our 'Stacks' widget set ups, you'll see how some are pinned and some are grouped. It's a good thing to learn.
    Dj

4. Joe Segal

Joe Segal Member

Dj thanks.
    I dont recall anything in the responsive tutorial Yet about either pinning or grouping. Wheres it talk about that?

Is that why the footer is messed up?

5. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Joe!
    Like Dj. and I have said to you earlier, the easiest way for you is to use "Stacks" tools because there are ready breakpoints so you don´t need to worry about anything, just add contents onto the pages. All your images and text will be in correct sizes almost on all devices (desktops, tablets and mobile phones).

6. DjHerold

Joe, in Chapter one video 7, Steve speaks about the new pinning in Muse. I Chapter 3 he speaks about grouping.
    I believe he also touches on these topics in other areas but those are specific to the topic.
    Dj

7. Joe Segal

Joe Segal Member

I've watched the tutorials but am obviously missing something.
    Take this Header Text I have seen here "Better World Advocates".

headertextresponsiveScreenshot.png
    I have it set to Non Responsive and Fluid Pinned Center.
    When I move the scrubber the text does not flow into a second line of text and that's good because I do not wish it to.
    But you can see the text is cut off.
    What I want is to have the text stay positioned centered and where it is on the header but the font size reduce so its always all visible no matter what screen/browser size. Understand?

Is there a way to have the font size reduce as the screen size is reduced other than creating tons of new break points and replacing the text with a new instance of it with a smaller font?

The issue again is the font size as the site is seen between the breakpoints.

Thanks

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  8. Joe Segal

Joe Segal Member

9. DjHerold

I answered this in your other post.
    Dj