SIMPLY SCROLL…

Discussion in 'Templates' started by SAVINEL, Oct 11, 2017.

1. SAVINEL

SAVINEL New Member

Hello,
    I am trying to create a site for a sculptor.
    I would like this site to be essentially on one page.
    Top of page HOME and Presentation ... When you go down to the bottom you discover 80 works, simply, one above the others, with a legend for each one.
    As if I were viewing thumbnails of a slideshow in full screen ...

I can not find a MUSE theme or a widget that allows me to just do this.
    Can you advise me ?
    Thank you.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Savinel, if I'm understanding you correctly, you want to build a long, scrolling one page site, correct?
    At the top portion of the site is your version of a Home page, or a Home section.
    Below that, a Presentation area.
    And from there you want your various "Works" displayed.
    If this is correct you have a couple of options of widgets we already have.
    You could use our 'Rapid Reveal' widget, it allows for a single column arrangement, and has a drop down area for more details about your works.
    We also have our "Softbox Gallery' widget, that's a stylized design built on a composition widget.
    And of course, you could use a stock composition widget and set it up yourself.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. SAVINEL

SAVINEL New Member

Thank you Dj,
    I will try with the options that you propose to me ...
    If you allow me, I would keep you informed of these experiments ...
    thanks a lot for your help…
    Cordially
    YS

4. SAVINEL

SAVINEL New Member

One detail worries me ...:(
    The widget "Rapid Reveal" seems to me limited to 20 images ... !?
    Is there a possibility of extension, I need to show 80 photos ...?

5. DjHerold

Savinel, I believe that you can place another instance of the widget below the first to get the additional images. The only issue I see would be the description panel that opens when you click an image.
    With only one widget, any panel that's opened, will auto close when another is chosen 'IF' that image is in the same group of 20. If you have, let's say, the 20th image panel open, and you open the 21st, the 20th would have to be manually closed if that's what you want.
    We also have a pretty large selection of other types of galleries, like the Media Pro Gallery 2, which has a Stand alone thumbnail function. You should play with that also.
    Dj

6. SAVINEL

SAVINEL New Member

Thanks DjHerold, I will try with Media Pro Gallery 2 ...
    What I'm looking for is, I think, very simple,( it seems to me o_O :( ?!)
    I would just like an responsive image panel with an associated caption ( like a slideshow, in which each thumbnail and main image would be involved ) and then when clicking on the image it would be replaced by a description panel…
    The whole managed by a container like in slideshow widgets…
    It would be simple and effective and very flexible to use ... Is it hard to imagine?

7. DjHerold

Savinel, there are many ways to do what you're describing, but to be sure of what style you really want, could you provide a link to a site you've seen that has what you're looking for?
    You could always explore using a simple Composition widget, and use the Triggers as your thumbs, and the target as you 'Container'.
    Let me know
    Dj