Sidebar Connect

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Nathan Siegel, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Nathan Siegel

Nathan Siegel Member

Let me first caveat and say that my regular username on socialmedia is nsiegel. I was very surprised when someone with my very same username i typically use already posted the same question that i have. Its a true cooincidental anomaly!

Sidebar Connect's mobile dropdown is really buggy. If breakpoint changes or size changes based on orientation, then the arrows dont work at all! Its completely fine for full web based browser, but it is a major headache on the iphone 7.

Here is my website: ypda.us

Go from breakpoint to breakpoint between sidebars and then go to a mobile breakpoint. (Note: you can do this on any device including your laptop, so i know its not my phone) to find that clicking on the mobile dropdown cant happen. Sure you can click on the already opened links, but it can seem unprofessional if a client needs to chang screens for whatever reason

I havent gotten the best support over email, with responses like "there really isnt anything you can do because mobile breakpoints are buggy." It is sad because i fairly enjoy this widget and most widgets on muse themes.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Nathan, I am sorry you are experiencing issues, but I looked at your support ticket and cannot find the response from our team as you described.
    I believe that if you re check his response you'll see he was referencing using actual devices to test on mobile instead of using a browser (like a desktop or a resizer) and shrinking the screen.
    A typical user doesn't resize their screen, unless it's a change in orientation, in which case most devices will do a refresh when changing.
    Having said that, please note I am not saying you aren't experiencing an issue, or that you haven't tested on a mobile devise. I am just pointing out that your ticket talks about break point changes (which isn't seen on devices), and that makes me think that maybe there may be a disconnect in your correspondence. So I hope you can reconnect with the team to continue to see if they can help work through the issues.
    Good Luck
    Dj

3. Nathan Siegel

Nathan Siegel Member

It doesnt refresh with orientation. Check my website on ypda.us with your mobile device to see what I mean

4. DjHerold

Nathan, I see what you're explaining.
    I know I was hearing something else, and most probably the support team was also.
    Since I don't have an immediate answer for you, I will pass along what I've seen here and let the person you were dealing with know what I've found.
    Hopefully, you will be willing to continue to work with them.
    Sorry for the confusion,
    Dj

5. Nathan Siegel

Nathan Siegel Member

Has the dropdown widget been the least buggy as a menu bar?

6. DjHerold

Nathan, I haven't been hearing much of anything about the drop down widget since we released the Sidebar and the Nav Pro.
    I always suggest trying it out, mainly because everyone's design is different and they get different results. Why is that, good question?
    Mostly because, in my experience, newer users tend to overload their sites with widgets and pages.
    If truth be told (and I've even seen Adobe personnel say this), Muse isn't the first choice for really large sites, it's just not friendly that way.
    Also, Muse's widget structure for developers isn't consistently used the same way across vendors, making the use of multiple vendors widgets on the same page/site often conflicting with Muse.
    Everyone seems to be loving the Nav Pro since the update to 1.1
    Dj

7. Nathan Siegel

Nathan Siegel Member

Truth be told, any base level client builder can be a pain in the butt if you want to build an expansive website. I have used wordpress since the dawn of time and have even dabbled in Weebly and Squarespace to find that they have their own problems. Do you see muse expanding for more professional usage?

8. DjHerold

Nathan, good question. At this time I believe so. With the move of Adobes platform to India, that's usually a good sign.
    Once they start feeling like they have something strong (similarly to PS and others) they will push it to a larger team in India.
    The issue will always be between design ease and clean code. They are getting much better in Muse but have a ways to go.
    It's really a question of what you want the site to do. If you are developing a large page heavy ecomm site, Muse isn't there yet, and may never be.
    I think with some good widgets to add depth, Muse can be a good platform, but to me (my personal opinion), Adobe will need to stabilize it's upgrades to be a bit more cognizant of the add on's it's leaving (by choice) to third party vendors to create for them.
    At that point I think the sky's the limit.
    Dj