Sidebar Connect Widget

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by HollyStringer, Apr 7, 2018.

1. HollyStringer

HollyStringer New Member

I am using Muse version 2018.1 and the Sidebar Connect (1.5) widget.

The issue is that for some reason there is a scrollbar on the menu and I can't seem to get rid of it. It is both there in preview mode and when viewing in the browser.

I am still a muse newbie so I am not sure if it's a simple fix that I don't know about but I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Holly, thanks for posting.
    Could I ask for a couple more pieces of information.
    Possibly a screen shot of the widget settings (to try and replicate your issue).
    Are you seeing this on just the desktop, or on all instances?
    As a side note, with Muse, it's best not to use the Muse Preview mode. For some reason,(even noted by Adobe themselves), this function has never really worked as designed.
    Always try to use the Preview in Browser functions, located under file>Preview page in Browser (or preview site in browser).
    Thanks
    Dj

3. HollyStringer

HollyStringer New Member

Hi Dj,

I will post a screenshot of my settings.

I hadn't tested this before but weirdly it doesn't appear on mobile platforms just desktop.

Ah, I didn't realise I will remember that next time! This issue does still occur when I preview in browser.

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Holly, it appears you are not using the Side Bar Connect widget, but rather the Side Bar Off Canvas nav widget.
    The Sidebar connect widget hasn't had this issue, but I do see where one of my colleges has place a bug report on this issue for the Side Bar Off canvas.
    The scroll bar should not appear until the size of the Menu requires it.
    I will pass this along and see if there is something that can be done until an update is pushed out.
    I am terribly sorry for the issue, hopefully it can be easily rectified.
    Until then, I would recommend the Side Bar Connect widget. It is a very flexible widget that has the same appearance as the Off Canvas nav.
    Thank you
    Dj