Sidebar Connect URL Refresh

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Doug Silvermaster, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Good morning,

Have followed all instructions in tutorial to utilize Google Sheets link for Sidebar Connect. Created menus and all works as expected. Upon first opening the site in business Catalyst (using Chrome) all URL links in Connect menu are correct. But as soon as I click away from page and come back, all URLs have refreshed back to the musethemes.com URLs from the template. (I did Copy from template and have confirmed I am using the correct spreadsheet key). I have NOT tried creating the spreadsheet from scratch (IOW, not utilizing the Google Docs template).
    Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Doug

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Doug, I'm sending you a Private Message with a question.
    Dj

3. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Doug,

Sounds like it's loading a cached version of the site prior to you making changes.

Any chance you've tried a "hard" refresh (a refresh that truly reloads all elements on the site). Hard refreshes vary by browser (you may need to Google it...) but typically Control > R on PC (Chrome) and CMD > R on Mac.

New visitors to the site wouldn't see the old cached version, they would see what was the latest version...

Thanks!

4. Steve,

I think you were correct. After doing a couple refreshes and then also testing on a separate development machine, all seems to be working now.
    Thanks!