Sidebar Connect Button Position with Site Centered on Page

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Peter Yarensky, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Peter Yarensky

Peter Yarensky New Member

In the File > Site Properties dialog box I chose Center Horizontally choice rather than Left Align. My page width is 964 pixels.

The problem is that the Sidebar connect button remains fixed at my chosen 12 pixel left margin. If the width of the window is greater than 964 pixels, the result is that the button shows up near the left edge of the window even when the web page is centered on the page and doesn't extend out that far.

I'd like the button to remain indented by 12 pixels from the edge of the web page rather than from the edge of the window. Is there any way to achieve that effect?

Thanks,
    Peter

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Peter!
    As far as I know at the moment there is no way to achieve your mentioned feature. I have been waiting for this feature since the widget was released. I hope that MT-team can add this feature (= more varied placement for menu button) to widget asap! :rolleyes:

3. Peter Yarensky

Peter Yarensky New Member

Ah - good to know i wasn't missing something obvious, but too bad it can't be done. I agree that it would be good if this could be added along with easier and more varied placement in general.

I guess that gives me a couple choices. I could make the site left justified to avoid the issue until it's addressed. Or I could switch to a different menu widget. Do you (or anyone else) know of a good menu widget that can handle centered web sites?

Thanks,
    Peter