Sidebar connect - breakpoint

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Paul Greenstein, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Paul Greenstein

Paul Greenstein New Member

Hi

No matter what I do with the breakpoint settings, the sidebar menu displays the mobile version on an ipad. Is it possible to override this behaviour? Or would the desktop version of the menu not work on touch screens anyway? The mobile version of the menu works very well for the most part, but I'm not 100% happy about having to use '#' links for parent menu items - which doesn't seem to be a requirement for the desktop version.

2. Jwdes

Jwdes New Member

Hello Paul. I'm grateful for your post as I have the identical problem. I only just set up the widget and thought that I was missing something obvious.

3. Paul Greenstein

Paul Greenstein New Member

I haven't really progressed with this, other than to have to assume that it's not possible to override the tablet detection in Muse.
    Actually, it does make sense to use the Mobile menu on a tablet - my menu is fairly complex, with four submenu levels. The full menu wouldn't fit anyway!

4. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Hello friends!
    Did you try to use 2 separate Sidebar Connect widgets in different breakpoints? I tested it and it seems to work at least with MT default menu items. Of course if you have a very special menu structure then you may need to use ”Hidden Breakpoint Range” feature also.

1. In my tests I used ”menu-1” (Unique ID) in breakpoints 320, 375, 414, 480, 550 and 600 pixels. Look at the screenshot and red arrows.
    Home_kopio.png

2. In my tests I used ”menu-2” (Unique ID) in breakpoints 768, 800, 960, 1024 and 1200 pixels. Look at the screenshot and red arrows.
    Home_kopio 2.png

Of course you don´t need so many breakpoints on your site but I only wanted to test how this method could work in different breakpoints.