Solved SHOW video player and gallery not reloading after closing/reopening muse

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by quietghostdesign, Mar 9, 2016.

1. quietghostdesign

quietghostdesign Member

Hey all,

I was having a major headache of an issue with the last two sites I've created with SHOW video. I finally found a workaround, but I'm curious if this is a known bug that others are experiencing as well, and if a fix is in the works?

The issue - I'll load the toolset, check the needed boxes, and add the desired widgets. Once adding a player or gallery widget and exporting for preview, everything works fine. After exiting Muse and reopening the widgets appear as normal in design view, but trying to preview again in browser, the widgets have disappeared. This occurs whether previewing in browser, or publishing to FTP or BC. Background, whether full or section, is not affected. This is an annoyance and time waster because at first the only workaround I could find was to delete the player and/or gallery widgets and replace them in their correct position, which takes forever, especially if you're working in a fluid width site.

The workaround - What I've found that works is to delete just the toolset, not the widgets. Load the toolset again from scratch, and recheck the required options. Additionally, you must open the player/gallery widget options and select any other option (youtube, vimeo), and reselect your required selection. The widget now works in preview in browser, and publish.

The sites where this was a issue were soundandsilencefilms.com and bluestonetree.com

Everything is working correctly after the workaround. But I thought this would be helpful for others experiencing the same issue. And hopefully I'll get some info concerning why this is happening.

Using the latest version of SHOW, and Adobe Muse 2015.1.

Thanks!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

quiet, thanks for posting, and sorry for the issues. Not sure If I've seen this exact issue but we have been re working the Show widget, along with a bunch of others. This workaround is discussed by Steve in the tutorial video, and 'hopefully' is going to be fixed in this weeks update release. As we get this out everyone will be informed.
    Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
    Dj

3. quietghostdesign

quietghostdesign Member

Dj, thanks for the reply and for the updates. Glad to hear there are some reworks happening for the show widget. It's been a great widget other than this issue.

Thanks!