Sticky Share Your Feedback on Stacks!

Discussion in 'Stacks' started by Brandon, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

As you probably know by now, Stacks is a brand new product from MuseThemes. They are a new system allowing for easy modular site design. Check out the Home Co Stack here.

We'd love to get your thoughts on Stacks so far. As we continue to create new Stacks, we will build them with your feedback in mind!

Please tell us your thoughts on the following:

NUMBER OF COMPONENTS? In our first Stack, Home Co, we included 13 stacks (Headers, Footers, Content Areas, Navs). Does this seem like a good number per stack released?

INCLUDE WIDGETS? We included our Cinch Slider in Home Co. The idea was to show an example of a slider in a header / hero area. Is it helpful, or a waste of time?

WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE OF? LESS OF?
    Want more Navs, Header options? Less Footers? Let us know!

WHAT ELSE? What would make Stacks more useful for you?

Thanks for your time and feedback, we appreciate it!

2. Brandon

Hi @wingshot!

I think we can best serve you by relocating your post into a new thread so that it can be discussed technically at length. Or alternatively, you can reach out to our support team by emailing them at support@musethemes.com.

Let me know which way you'd like to go and I'll make it happen. Thanks!

3. wingshot

wingshot Member

Relocate is great!

4. Brandon

Done. Thanks!

5. BrandonFrakes

BrandonFrakes Member

Stacks are brilliant! Make my life so much easier and lets me control the design. Some suggestions:
    -Autoplay, full width (and height) video widget
    -Robust contact forms
    -Presentation panel integration

Again, you guys are changing the game with these stacks!

Brandon

6. Brandon

Hey Brandon, thanks for the feedback!

Would you mind telling me a bit more about how you see widgets being integrated into stacks?

That isn't anything we've ever considered, because it seems like it might start heading the direction of a theme. But I would love to hear specifics.

Thanks!

7. BrandonFrakes

BrandonFrakes Member

Hey thanks for the quick feedback!

Without the backend programming knowledge that you guys have, I view the UX like this for a potential theme:

-Each panel that drags from the library panel into the design panel would be set to 100% height and width - similar to presentation panels. Although the difference would be that instead of snapping to each presentation panel, a user could utilize anchors and snap-to anchor points for the same transition effect.

-For the video: one thing I have difficulty with right now when designing a responsive site is I do not want to have a video that is background (full screen)-only. However when the video is set to 100% browser width, and the user narrows the browser, the bottom of the video raises and messes with layout. I would love if the video width adjustments could just collapse on the video.

-Contact form: For my own personal use, it would be great to have a contact form that allows users to choose a range of dates (for reservation inquiries)

I hope this all makes sense!

Thanks,
    Brandon

8. SoulUnit

SoulUnit Member

Greetings to all, love the idea of Stacks Move, but new users really need a tutorial on this.

The Stacks tutorial on Home does not address all the features in Move. The only clue on how to use the widget comes in the Stacks content i.e."R-Aligned with BG Image". So it is aligned with a background image, problem is figuring out how a background image lines up with the widget. Do you drag and drop the bg then try to scale it to the widget image size? It is not clear how to use the BG image with the effect.

Would be much better for new users if you had loaded the BG images correctly so we could just plug and play the Stacks and learn from the example. Otherwise provide a tutorial.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  9. SoulUnit

SoulUnit Member

*bump, no info on this?

10. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

SoulUnit, this is probably a topic that should go though the support team (resources>contact us).
    That will get it into the correct hands (the team has a list of requested items from users), a ticket will get your request looked at, responded to and placed on our list.
    Thanks
    Dj

11. marcelt

marcelt Member

Just getting my head around stacks. Would it be safe to summarize that "a stack is a collection of widgets designed to play nice with each other"?

12. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

marcelt, I think the better way to think about 'Stacks' is to see them as a series of components rather than widgets. Although some have widgets or functions widget would have, these are designed to be mixed and matched (or stacked) according to your design needs.
    Similarly, we also have our 'Wireframe' collection also, which allows for a pick and choose type format.
    Dj

marcelt likes this.