Solved SEO and Paragraph Styles

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Roger, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

I have a complex website with 5 breakpoints and over 200 pages...

I am now woking on SEO for the site and have question on paragraph styles and particularly the H1, H2 and H3 tags etc.

For a heading that I have called "Botswana Safaris" I have apportioned an H1 tag.... The font of this on the largest breakpoint is 36... the middle for iPad size is 30 and the small breakpoint for iPhone is 20...

If I go to the Paragraph Styles Panel to set a paragraph style for this heading... this suggests I need to have 3 different Paragraph Styles for the 3 different font sizes (which need to be applied to many areas on over 100 pages).... this would seem to be incredibly long winded.

OR could I just use the Text Panel and highlight the font and apply the H1 tag etc from drop down...

So instead of using the Paragraph Styles Panel in Image ONE below.... can I just use the dropdowns in Image TWO?

The point being does using the dropdowns in the Text panel diminish the relevance for SEO.....?

For good SEO must I use the Paragraphs Styles panel apportion the H1 tags etc or will the Text panel dropdown work just as well?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Roger,
    It sounds like you want to apply H1 tags to a variety of different font sizes on different BPs and don't want a paragraph style to be applying the same font settings over & over.
    Is the quality of SEO somehow diminished if you use the text panel as opposed to the paragraph style panel? No, If the H1 gets applied, then it's applied.

If you are trying to use the Text panel to assign your tags (h1, H2, H3 ect), and have the 'look' duplicated, I do not believe you can use the Text panel to "duplicate" that style to another block of text.
    For example, if you change a text blocks style from Arial 10 black to Times red 36 and apply an H1 tag to the new styled text (using the Text panel), and then you create another text block, type some text, and then (with the text block selected, and using the Text panel) you click on the H1 tag for the new text, it won't duplicate your original styled text (to Times red 36).
    It will assign another H1 tag to the new text, but not the style.
    If you are looking to have all your specific H1 tags have specific looking styles, that will need to be done in the Paragraph Styles Panel.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

DJ

"It sounds like you want to apply H1 tags to a variety of different font sizes on different BPs and don't want a paragraph style to be applying the same font settings over & over"

Thats sounds like the perfect answer.... Paragraph styles as far as I can see, serve as a method to copy the style only (including H1 tags, fonts, colours, sizes etc)....

If you use a H1 tag in the text panel or as a paragraph style, they both have the same effect for SEO.

Thats the answer i was after

Thanks DJ