Search Essentials Widget

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by SimoneT, Sep 7, 2017.

1. SimoneT

SimoneT New Member

Hellooooo
    I use the search widget and it works almost fine.
    The only issue is, that it doesn't show the results in every breakpoint.
    Can someone please help me?

The site I am building is not yet online. But here is the link to the Business Catalyst:
    http://remolargo.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

The search widget is tough only on the following three pages (in the footer)
    http://remolargo.businesscatalyst.com/buch-kapitel.html

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Simone, thanks for the screen shot, those really help.
    At first glance it's hard to tell, but one of the most common things is if you're using straight standard quotes and not the curly 'smart quotes' that some PC's are configured with. Take a look an see if you are using the standard "Straight" quotes.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. SimoneT

SimoneT New Member

Thank you Dj
    I just tried the curly quotes instead of the straight ones. But funny thing is …
    With the curly quotes the search results are not shown at all.
    With the strait quotes its working but not on every breakpoint.
    With that I mean, that if I use the search function on the I-Pad horizontal it shows the results, but not vertically (when I flip it disappears).
    Same with Smartphone … I attached pictures …
    Any idea?
    THANK YOUUUUU

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

Simone, I apologize, I see what I wrote wasn't as clear in writing as it was in my head.
    I meant to stress, that the Straight quotes are what you "want', and that if your computer uses the 'curly' that it would be an issue.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Dj

5. Joe Naimo

Joe Naimo Member

I think SimoneT is having a problem with the widget not adjusting to screen rotation for one and also not working (able to or failure to provide/show results at different breakpoints). I am having the similar problems with no results at 550, and 380.

6. Jason Roberton

Jason Roberton New Member

Hello, I appear to be having a similar issue, I have included the 'Simple Site Search' widget in a site build and am finding that 3 out of the 10 breakpoints I'm using (960, 1200 & 1400px) are not displaying search results - all 7 others (lower and higher breakpoint values) are displaying perfectly. I cannot figure out why these 3 breakpoints are not displaying. When a word is keyed into the search window when in any of these 3 breakpoints it also disappears. If someone could offer an explanation that'd be greatly appreciated.
    Regards, Jason

7. DjHerold

Jason, could you show a couple of screen shots of your layout (like where you've placed the widget and the settings.
    Maybe one of the pages that do and don't show.
    Thanks
    Dj

8. Jason Roberton

Sure thing DJ, sorry I should have done this earlier. Please find attached. I think I'll try deleting the widget and redoing it. Definitely interested to hear your thoughts. Many thanks, Jason

Attached Files:

9. DjHerold

Jason, a couple of things to check. First, for the moment, I am going to assume you are using the latest version of Muse. This can be problematic because of all the issues Adobe has with this release, so let me know if that's not the case.
    I've found that it's best if all the 'Search boxes on all the Break Points are set up the same, ie: if set to non responsive (mt personal choice), that all are set to non responsive. The same with pinning, if the search box is pinned, make sure all are pinned a like, ie: page pinning , center, left or right. It's best to have the search box located in the same area across your site.
    Let me know what you find.
    Dj

10. Jason Roberton

Yes I'm using the latest release DJ. No they are not set up consistently - a combination of pinning and the location differs because of the way I have set up the responsive menu (with a hamburger) so the search box appears in the footer. I'll try a few combinations and let you know how I go. Thanks heaps for your super quick response. Cheers, Jason