Search Essentials not giving any results

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by ANTHONY, Aug 11, 2017.

1. ANTHONY

ANTHONY Active Member

Hi All

I hope someone can help as far as I can see I've set up everything correctly but when I search on the live site it just takes me to the search.html page, I can see the master page elements but no results appear.
    I've attached some screen grabs of it, it is quite a big site but I've left the page open for long and nothing loads.

the site is at: www.hobartgrovecentre.co.za
    Thanks for the help.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 3.24.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 3.24.36 PM.png

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Anthony, it looks like you are using another widget that overlays your page, and on that overlay you have the search bar, correct?
    If so, have you tried testing the search widget without that style function?
    Could you remove the overlay style and just have a default search controller placed on the master page to see if that has any affect.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. ANTHONY

ANTHONY Active Member

Thanks for the help @DjHerold, the Darian from the Muse-Themes support team gave me an answer that worked - if anyone else has this issue - here it is:

I apologize for the hassle. I think I've spotted the issue. There's a quirk with browsers and quotation mark types. They only like straight quotes but some OS and/or text editors use what are called smart quotes and they have a little more curl to them. The odd thing about your issue is that you had a single quote mark as a closing quote on your index page in the results field. replace yours with this one and see if that helps "index.html" this set is using both straight quotes. Let me know if this fixes the issue.

I replaced the "index.html" I had in the widget under included pages, and everything worked, so I didn't have to change every included pages quote marks thankfully.

Thanks Darian and the Muse-Themes support, and thanks @DjHerold for always assisting on the forums your wisdom is appreciated.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Anthony, you are most welcome, great info.
    Glad things were resolved.
    Dj