Solved Scrollr Issues with Chrome

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Lance Evans, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Lance Evans

Lance Evans Member

Hi folks,

I just noticed that the latest update to Chrome browser is mucking up displaying the Scrollr template. Specifically, I am using Chrome 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit), and it is the last 2 or 3 sliding panels that are displaying only partially.

This is happening on your own sample page (https://demo.muse-themes.com/template-scrollr/) as well as on my own pages (here's one http://lanceevans.com/digital/).

You can see it all mucking up in the following image. Keeping in mind it was find before Chrome updated recently. And displays fine in Edge, etc.:

upload_2017-9-25_15-37-32.png

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Lance, I'm not able to see an issue with the Template. I am also using the latest version of Chrome, and 64 bit.
    Both yours and our is working great.
    Any chance there is anything more you could share?
    Dj

3. Lance Evans

Lance Evans Member

Hello DJ,

I have checked all around and the only place I am seeing this is while in Chrome on my workstation. The other browsers, edge and firefox, are rendering fine. And even my chrombook is fine.

This just started happening with a recent update from Chrome. But I can't find any similar posts with others experiencing this. There is always something, gotta love computers. haha

4. Lance Evans

Lance Evans Member

SOLVED:

Somehow during its last update, the "Use hardware acceleration when available" option was turned off. When turned back on, the Scrollr and other graphics (I believe specifically "overlay" images) are all once again fine. I tried this on and off a few times and it was 100% repeatable.

What I wonder about it, shouldn't Chrome still render these things ok, even if not using hardware acceleration? If just done in software? This doesn't just apply to websites, as it was affecting attached images in gmail, etc.

Thanks.