Scrolling content boxes (1.0) pushing footer down

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Kyle Miller, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Kyle Miller

Kyle Miller New Member

Hello,

I have a webpage that uses the scrolling content boxes (1.0). Whenever the content in the boxes is changed (they are used for events and changed often), the widgets push the footer down leaving a blank space at the bottom of the published page.

There is the fixed reveal size of the box that is seen on the published site, and there is the content box that holds all the content in theMuse layout. The full size of the content box gets seen as a physical page item and kicks the footer down.

The website is http://adkhistorycenter.org/index.html

In the past I have been able to correct this by turning off the scrolling box layers, then creating a page item such as a box. I would push the box against the footer bar then raise the box towards the top of the page and the footer would follow. Once I deleted the box and turned the scrolling layers back on it would be good and I could publish it.

That fix no longer seems to work.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kyle Miller

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Kyle, thanks for posting.
    Typically with this widget, behavior such as yours is occurring for 1 of 2 reasons:

• The widget is overlapping or touching another element. When this is happening it can easily cause issues such as what you are experiencing, so it is important to ensure the content is not touching or overlapping other elements.
    • Your minimum page height is to tall. This is another very common issue that will cause this to occur, however it is also very easy to solve. Simply navigate to the page in question and then navigate to Page > Page Properties > Min Height and then set that to something smaller such as 500. This will allow Muse to "push and pull" the page height as needed, and also allow the page to shrink to accommodate the widget.
    Let me know what you find.
    Dj