Rouge template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Mindy Silberman, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Mindy Silberman

Mindy Silberman Member

I'm trying to set up the collection buttons for the gallery, using the fun menu in the template...but I cannot figure out how to link the text to the collections? Please help.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Mindy, good question, I get asked this a bunch. It's actually very simple and a neat little stylized effect.
    But first, I need to let you know that the template, being an older one of ours, is using a very old version of the MPG gallery widget.
    The newest version is V2.1. You will need to update if you are using a newer version of Muse.
    What you would do is set up your collections using 'Custom Buttons' . If you haven't already, look at the tutorial video for the widget and go to about the 8 minute mark of the second video. That's where Steve talks about setting up a 'Custom Button' for the widget.
    You would take all your custom buttons and arrange them into the 'Target Area' of a standard composition widget (like we did in the Template). You'll notice in the Template, if you click on a button, Muse will tell you you are in the 'Target' in the upper left corner of Muse.
    The 'Trigger' is the little button you see in the template that has the image fill.
    Make sure you use the Graphic Styles you assign to the buttons also in the collections area.
    If you have any further questions just let me know.
    Dj

3. Mindy Silberman

Mindy Silberman Member

I checked and it is the 2.1 version. Can you add multiple "loader" galleries into one target area of buttons?

4. DjHerold

You can add Multiple Buttons to a Target area (not the loaders or collection controllers).
    Just make sure each button has it's own GS and that GS in in the collection controller.
    Be sure to watch that video where Steve shows how to create a custom collect button.
    Dj

5. DjHerold

Mindy, one thing I should have said about the custom buttons is, in the template the dev used text boxes instead of state buttons like Steve in the video uses. Either are fine, just make sure you assign a Graphic Style to each text box also, if going that way.
    Dj