Reviews Connect preloaded issues?

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Roger, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

The widget works well.....

However before I put it on my published site ... I am just working on an example and previewing it in bowser..

The reviews are all there ok however the preloaded wont go away.

It functions correctly in that you can see it before the page shows the reviews.... but when the reviews come up fully, the preloaded is still there, only it looks like an opacity has been applied.... it just doesn't go away....

have attached an example of page previewed in browser with fully visible reviews and opaque preloader in back ground.... you can see it all the time spinning

I haven't changed anything so is there anything I am doing wrong here?

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 12.50.01.jpg

I haven't changed anything so is there anything I am doing wrong here?

2. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

Ok...

I have looked at this again and it appears that I have done nothing wrong... Its NOT working for me on Safari and IOS devices.... it DOES work on Chrome and Firefox... (the preloader goes away as it should)

I am seriously hoping that it is in fact me who is doing something wrong as its the second Connect series of widgets on my website (and Im only using two) which isn't working for me on Apple software... the Side Menu Connect also not function as it should on IOS. ( have raised a ticket but no fix)

I stress again I am REALLY hoping that its my error as I cant believe that this is another widget which isn't functioning on a massive market share software like Safari and IOS.. I would assume its been fully tested on Apple software so i need to figure out what Im doing wrong

Is anyone else using the Review Connect out of the box and seeing the same issue on Safari and IOS?

3. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

Hi DJ or anyone else at Muse Themes.

I put in a ticket for this issue as is its still not working for me.... I have not received a reply nor acknowledgement of the ticket and cant see a way to monitor the ticket

Can someone please check on its progress?

Thanks

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Roger, I see that on the 26th our team responded back to you asking for a link so they can look at the site in question.
    After that I don't see any response from you.
    Please see if you can find that response or possibly send them the link to your site.
    Thank you in advance
    Dj

5. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

Thanks DJ... was in my junk folder...

I have replied

6. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

All

I updated my Mac to the very latest OSX and this seems to have cleared up the problem.... no longer continues to spin

7. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

@DjHerold

Hi DJ,

I am having a different issue where the icons are not loading. Where are they pulling from....FA?

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 11.22.48 PM.png

8. DjHerold

Jesse, going forward could I ask that you start a new thread on a question that's unrelated to the original. It really helps others find the answers ( and help you if they have a solution).
    That being said, are the "Icons" you are referring to the Stars? or the posters Images?
    Both of those are set up in the presets document, and the images are added in the contents document.
    Dj

9. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Will do on the threads....I am not getting the stars or quotes.

I really don't want to use headshots for reviews.

10. DjHerold

Jesse, do you have the Stars enabled on the Preset sheet?
    You should be able to just disable and/or delete the photo area.
    Dj

11. 360 Creative

360 Creative Member

Can anyone explain why reviews connect will not load in Chrome, Firefox or Edge.

Works in Safari on Mac and IE on Windows.

Using list view in the widget.

Very frustrating