Responsive (vector) graphic is being cropped

Discussion in 'Stacks' started by Janne, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hi, I wonder how to add a vector graphic to stacks without its being cropped for smaller devices. What I mean: if you have a photo in landscape format the responsive behavior of being cropped on the sides does no harm. But if you have a filling vector graphic (turned into png or jpg of course), the responsive behavior crops it badly on both sides (see screenshot).

How do I avoid this? Is it merely a question of setting (I set it to "fill")? Or do I have to prepare all my vector graphics in landscape format so that the responsive behavior doesn´t affect it?

Thx for any advice,
    Janne

Screenshot_2016-06-17-09-34-44.png

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

If you fill vector graphic (e.g. rectangle with an image so it does not change the behaviour of vector graphic. The image is inside of vector graphic and it behaves like a vector graphic (rectangle). You must locate the photo as an image and responsive feature (width / heights) will stay in all breakpoints.
    I really hope that Adobe will launch the new version of Muse very quickly because it will help also in this issue.

3. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hm, I used the stacks image, exchanged it with my png of the image filling vector graphic and didn´t change any given settings. So it´s on "fill" and "responsive width" (see screenshot). But the effect is that due to its responsiveness it´s getting narrower on small screens.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-17 um 11.35.01.png

4. Jeremei

Janne!
    Stacks modules have been built in different way. E.g. I have a group of images (Content - 2 Columns). The image group is not behaving like image should behave (responsive with width & height). The group is behaving responsive only with width (like vector graphics), look at the red arrow in screenshot. So Stacks are special cases.

Home.png

Janne likes this.
  5. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

I see. Yes, the image is only responsive in its width. Phew, Stacks doesn´t seem to be as user-friendly as it claims to be ...

So what would you recommend? Deleting this single stacks-module and create a "normal" rectangle with my image filling? Sounds to be the best solution for me right now ...

Thx for all your efforts - it´s been a really great help!!

6. Jeremei

In my opinion you can test different alternatives and choose the one which is the best solution above all for your client. ;)