Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Responsive text

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Sidders, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Sidders

Sidders Member

Hi Guys

I have an odd scenario where I set text to responsive and have the left side pinned to the left, middle to middle and right to right - however when I scale down the left and middle do as they are told and the right starts to drift up as well as scale and it all looks wrong.

Site isnt live yet so cant post a link but wondered if anyone else had come across this issue?

Cheers
    Tim

galuzyaki likes this.
  2. Sidders

Sidders Member

To add to this I wondered if people had found that when using responsive text it sometimes seems easier to create the image and text in photoshop and then export as a single image as they react in different ways. I know this isn't ideal as it means Google can't see the text but if its just a shiny header then that shouldn't matter. This is the non responsive version im currently converting and I at first glance I cant get the text box on the right to stick with the image and scale properly: http://www.flatsbag.com/inspiration.html

Cheers

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Sidders, what might give you a better look at what we feel is 'good practices' for this, is to play with our "Stacks" items.
    You can look to see the exact positioning and pinning we use. It also is great to play with how other things respond to each other.
    If you've the time, give it a shot.
    Dj

4. Sidders

Sidders Member

Cheers DJHerold - I have played around with the stacks and can notice a couple of things. Firstly more often than not you fill boxes with the image rather than place an image - I know the tutorials says this so that it scales width only rather than height and width but I wondered where the best use of scale height and width comes in?
    The 2nd thing is that lots of your text modules are centered and if they are pinned, the are pinned to the centre. Do you consider this best practice to get away from my original problem? I still cant work out why my left and centre text pinned are fine but the right moves upwards as well pinching in?

5. galuzyaki

galuzyaki Guest

I am having the same alignment issues.