Responsive Sticky Header with Scroll Effect?

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by RandiMeredith, Feb 18, 2016.

1. RandiMeredith

RandiMeredith New Member

Before I continue to bang my head on my keyboard can someone tell me if this is even possible?

When I try to add a breakpoint to my file that has a sticky header with scrolling effects I get this message: Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 6.30.54 PM.png

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Randi, yes, unfortunately, this is true. The new version of Muse, when using the responsive fluid layout, does not support scroll effects.
    Adobe has said they are looking to add this back into the mix at a future time, but for the new release, no,
    The issue is about placement and fluidity. As you know, scroll effects need a starting point based on a location. When you scroll to a point or at someplace on your design, you signal a start to the effect.
    If your page is fluid and you start say at 100 pixels, where is that starting point when you page is reduced and other things have expanded or contracted because of a fluid layout?
    That is what they are trying to combat, as well as other issues I'm sure.
    You can still have scroll effects if you use a fixed design, one with no break points. So if they are an integral piece of your layout, you may find you'll have to stay with Adaptive design for now.
    Dj

3. David Kearney

David Kearney Member

"If your page is fluid and you start say at 100 pixels, where is that starting point when you page is reduced and other things have expanded or contracted because of a fluid layout?"

Uhhhh, exactly where we specify it is within that breakpoint's settings, would be my answer in the first project meeting on this. This is incredibly disappointing. Best new feature of Muse renders the best features of previous versions unusable.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

David, I feel your frustration (please remember this is an Adobe thing, lol).
    The one thing, and I'm not defending them, but it's something that needs to be looked at with the ever changing sizes of devices, is you could possibly get it to work at those specific break points. But Muse isn't delivering a specific break point size to all devices. That is still fluid.
    For example when you set your break point at 500, your setting the point in which the design 'breaks'. But the device it may be looked at could be larger or smaller than your break point, Mus will deliver the size that works for that device.
    At this time, I am trusting them to find a way.
    Dj