Solved recommended thumbnail size?

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by Ben_Bftg, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Bftg

Ben_Bftg Member

in Media Pro Gallery, what is recommended for the thumbnail size? if I use view source they are random. I can settle for uniform squares if needed. what are the pixel ratio for that?
    Does this make any sense?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ben, a couple of questions, if I may, so I can make sure I understand.
    Are you asking about the thumbs that show in the gallery layout, or the lightbox thumbs?
    Also, what sizes are your images?
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Ben_Bftg

Ben_Bftg Member

These would be the still photos or still thumbs for the actual grid layouts. currently i have some that are square and others that are more rectangle. I can make all of them square in photoshop, but wanted to know if there is an optimum size recommendation? And, btw, thank you for the links mentioned above.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ben, I'm sure you're aware, but just in case and for those that are not aware, MPG2 gallery can be either uniform (all one size thumbs) or Mixed (both rectangle and square).
    Having said that, I think the easiest way to illustrate the answer to your question, is to have you look at my screen shots.
    The first one is using the uniform gallery. you can see from the two I've scribbled on, one is 1500x1500, while the one I added to the photos is 500x500. They both show as the same size in the browser.
    The second gallery is the Mixed gallery. Again, you can see the sizes I've shown on the images. The stock image we used in our demo for the rectangle is 1500x750, while the one I added was 3200x1819.
    In this example, you can see that my added, and very large image acted a bit different than the Uniform gallery, making the thumb of the large image just a bit bigger, but not commensurate to the size difference.
    I hope this helps,
    Dj

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG

5. Ben_Bftg

Ben_Bftg Member

Thank you Dj, so it looks like whatever width the grid is, it will take the full width of the photo and side it accordingly in height. For example the 3200 x 1819; if I wanted that to be a higher profile photo in the grid box (on the mixed gallery), then I would need to manually create a cropped image and use it as a thumbnail. I was hoping that there was a feature of cropping from within the gallery grid. So with that said, if you want a mixed bag of photos, there would be some pre-planning for photo ratio w x h before placing in the loader.
    Thank you for the screen shots.

One more question: if I was using high resolution photos, does muse optimize the file sizes when exported?

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.