Rapid Reveal Position

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Allen Brown, Sep 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Allen Brown

Allen Brown New Member

I'm using Rapid Reveal with a pinned header. "Enable Scrolling To Preview" kicks the reveal underneath the header... If I disable the "Enable Scrolling To Preview" the reveal opens below the viewable area so that the user wouldn't see that it opened.

Is there a way to edit the widget html to set the location of the reveal?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Allen, could you show a screen shot or two of your layout in Muse?
    If possible, show the whole screen including the Muse interface.
    Also, your Muse version if you don't mind.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Allen Brown

Allen Brown New Member

I’m using Muse 2017.2 Beta because the 2017.1 update totally screwed up my entire site. Before the 2017.1 update the rapid reveal was behaving the same, so the beta isn’t the issue. In the first screen shot below you can see only three of six total Rapid Reveal photos. If the user selects a Rapid Reveal pane without “Enable Scrolling To Preview” checked, the revealed content opens below the viewable area and the user wouldn’t know it opened.

upload_2017-9-21_2-39-54.png

Since I’m working in the Beta version of Muse I’m required to transfer everything over from my original site design that was screwed up due to the 2017.1 update, so you’ll have to ignore the small font size in the content list as I haven’t added the CSS to increase its size yet. This next shot below I’m previewing in the browser with “Enable Scrolling To Preview” checked, and the “Custom Five Star Plans” pane selected revealing its content. As you can see, my pinned header is blocking the very top of the revealed content when it opens in its default position.

upload_2017-9-21_2-40-44.png

I want to be able to set the position of the opened revealed content as shown in the below screenshot. As you can see, this position would display the entire revealed content including the “X” that closes the individual revealed window.

upload_2017-9-21_2-41-26.png

4. DjHerold

Allen, thank you for the information.
    I am reaching out to the development team to see what they say about a solution.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Allen Brown

Allen Brown New Member

6. uncagedcreative

uncagedcreative Member

Was there any development on this? I'm placing Rapid Reveal for the first time on a site and witnessing the same behavior as the OP. Thanks!

7. DjHerold

uncaged, I apologize for leaving this thread unfinished. The Original Poster actually also placed a support ticket, and he was answered there.
    It appears that there is no option for the positioning other than by manually placing the slides location relative to the header.
    The closest I can get to aligning as the OP wanted using the widget settings, is to adjust the Grid Padding in the widget panel to something like 20px. The downside with that (in some designs) , is it also placed spacing between the image thumbnails.
    Thanks
    Dj