Rapid Reveal in different breakpoints

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by nancy sheridan, Jul 25, 2016.

1. nancy sheridan

nancy sheridan Member

Hiya,

I've been playing around with the new rapid reveal widget and it's great.

But...i noticed that i didn't like the order in which my images appeared in the smaller breakpoints and also the text was way too spaced out. i couldn't see a way to alter the text on just the smaller breakpoints so i hid the larger widget in the smaller breakpoints and dropped in a new one with all the alterations i liked. But now after i've pushed the changes theres a werid hybrid mix of the larger breakpoint widget and and the smaller one!

Is it not possible to drop in another rapid reveal in a smaller breakpoint and hide the larger?

Or is there a way to adjust the text formatting and spacing of the widget on different breakpoints?

Thanks!

Nancy

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Nancy, I'm not sure how your lay out is displaying, if you could post a screen shot of an open panel when in Browser editing it would really help.
    Since the widget is Responsive, you should only be using one instance of the widget. The text should move with the widget and also be responsive. The text will wrap because of that when it gets smaller.
    As far as the order of the images, they should re order (go from let's say a three column, to a two, to a one, as the screen gets smaller. They should change in the order they are arranged (ie: number one will always be number one).
    Hope this helps.
    Dj

3. nancy sheridan

nancy sheridan Member

Hi DJ,

Thanks for your response!

After much playing around i've realised that i can't have different instances of the widget!
    The image order i now get - thanks! In terms of text i've now adjusted the title line height and it seems to have done the trick!
    I really appreciate you setting me straight!

Are there any other tricks or tips for using this widget? Can it be used in conjunction with anything else do you know?

Thanks!

Nancy

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

nancy, you're very welcome. Glad it's working out.
    When you ask "Are there any other tricks or tips for using this widget? Can it be used in conjunction with anything else do you know?"
    is there something you're looking to have this widget do?
    One thing (tip) I love about this widget, is if you name your title appropriately, the image will get it's much needed "Alt" text for SEO purposes.
    This is something that Muse isn't the best with yet.
    Dj