Random order display of images

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by WestCoastDude, Sep 27, 2017.

1. WestCoastDude

WestCoastDude Member

I thought there was an option for that but can't find it or is it not a supported feature?
    If not I really hope this will be added soon, it's a pretty obvious feature as far as I'm concerned.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

West, this hasn't been much of a requested feature since the images are collection/Gallery based.
    I will pass this along to the Developers and see if it's something that can be added in a future update.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. WestCoastDude

WestCoastDude Member

Thank you, well as a photographer I would want my photos not displayed in the same order all the time.

4. DjHerold

West, I totally get that. Hopefully the team can come up with something for this widget.
    On the same note, be sure to look at our 'Randomizer' widget.
    It's not for Media Pro, but it is good for random images in headers, Hero's ect.
    Dj

5. WestCoastDude

WestCoastDude Member

Awesome thank you. Also wish there was an option to specify which category to first load up. By default it is "all" which slows down loading my page as I have lots of photos and categories.

6. DjHerold

West, that is a feature request we've logged from many others and are looking at for a future release.
    Dj

WestCoastDude likes this.
  7. WestCoastDude

WestCoastDude Member

Awesome thank you! Another feature I'd really like to see is smart loading. When used with lots of content loading the page can take a long time (as it loads everything). I've compressed my jpegs with online compressor but it's still take like 10-12 seconds for my site to load which is an eternity.

What would be awesome is to have the Media Pro Gallery plugin to only populate the screen space available on a given device and load as needed on the fly. Essentially loading on demand and bit by bit.

8. DjHerold

West, it's like you are reading our minds, LOL.
    The team is looking at the feasibility to make a gallery like the MediaPro2, only using the Connect series style gallery widget.
    Not sure when (or if) that could be, but will post if it does come about.
    Dj