Pushy panes widget acts strange when hitting breakpoint

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by Steven Meijers, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Steven Meijers

Steven Meijers Member

Hi there, I like to put the pushy panes menu at a website, but it acts strange when i'm hitting a breakpoint and i can't figure out why. I placed the widget on the the largest breakpoint 1440 px, when i scale it down to other breakpoints the pane is visible without clicking the hamburger icon. When i hit the open button, the pane covers the text that should be in the pane. I have used the overlay option.

Please tell me, am i missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Steven

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Steven, could you give us a bit more information.
    It would help to see the layout in Muse's design mode (at a couple of BP sizes), and possibly some shots of the widgets settings.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Steven Meijers

Steven Meijers Member

Hi Dj, thanks for your quick respond.

I have attached some files of some breakpoints in the designmode. I also included a screenshot of the settings.

I try to explain what exactly happens. Breakpoints: 1440px, 1200px, 960px, 768px, 480px

When i use the pushy panes widget and preview it in browser (browser set at + 1440) the page opens and the footer content is pushed all the way up, leaving a lot of space under the footer content.

When i hover over the open button the top of the button almost disappears. When i click on the open button the pane is opening like it should.

When i size the browser down to another breakpoint the content of the pane pops up on the other side of where it should be without clicking the open button. When i click the open button, the pane slides out with no content in it. The content stays fixed on the other side. When i reload the page on this specific breakpoint it sometimes fix it until i scale it to another breakpoint. The same issue occurs. Even when i reload the page, the content of the footer still is pushed up.

Hope you have enough info!

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

Steven, thank you for the screen shots, they always help.
    Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything glaring at first glance, so let me ask you to try a couple of things.
    You can always place a support ticket (resources>contact us), and let the team look at your file if these do not work.

First, when ever I run into an issue with a widget, I always try the widget, by itself, on a new Blank page/site.
    This takes all the other things in a site away and let's me know if it's just this widget. Make sure to try that first.

Secondly, There was an issue discovered recently in Muse, which would cause issues with certain widgets when used with breakpoints. This widget could be being effected by this bug. Fortunately, Adobe has released a fix and we have turned that code into an easy to use widget! You can read more about this, as well as download that free break point helper widget at our blog post - https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/muse-2018-breakpoint-bug-free-helper-file-download .
    Please try adding that break point helper to your page and let me know if that helps!

And Third (this is what I recommend, and how I build my sites.).
    I use the 'External Page' option of the widget.
    This always seems to function without a glitch, and gives you the best styling and ease of use.
    If everything else fails, try this. I think you'll find it is the best way to use the widget.
    Hope these help
    Dj

5. Steven Meijers

Steven Meijers Member

Hi Dj, thank you for your advanced reply.

At first i tried to test the widget on a new website, no other content on the site. When i use the widget without any styling and no breakpoints, it behaves as it should. When i add breakpoints to the site and leave the widget without styling, the same error occurs.

With the bug in mind i installed the bug fix widget and placed it on the A-master page. Unfortunately without any results.

Eventually i tried your last option and checked the 'use external site' box. You were right. It seems to work without any strange transitions on other breakpoints. That's very good news.

I tried to find some info about setting up a external page like this, but i couldn't find any useful information. I try to understand what is happening. The pushy panes widget push out a piece of the external page on to the page where the widget is placed right?

When i want the pane slides in from the right side of the page and the pane covers 25% of the page and i want my content always in the middle of the pane unregarded the breakpoint i'm on. How do i manage that? Do i have to put the content on the left side of the page without resizing and pinned to the center of the page? Do i have to place the content in a state button?

Maybe you have a proper link to a topic where they discuss how to use an external page with the pushy panes widget.

For now, thank you very much for your help!

6. DjHerold

Steven, I am going to open a private conversation with you.
    Dj

7. Martin-HB

Martin-HB New Member

Hi at all,

I have an similar issue. The Pushy Panes menu isnt visible in some cases. After refreshing the page, it is visible. If I would do this on different pages, the issue is apperaing randomly. Unfortunately I dont know how I could solve this issue. The strange thing is, that it was working fine before the last Update of Muse. I have installed the latest pushy panes version. Thanks in advance for your help. The website is www.der-salon-chemnitz.de

Thanks
    Martin

8. DjHerold

Martin, have you tried using the separate page method?
    Dj