Solved pushy panes / stops page scroll when open?

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by Karen573, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Karen573

Karen573 Member

Hi there. I have two questions if anyone can help.

1. can the trigger be placed anywhere and will it push down when the pane is opened.
    I would like to create a menu pane that works exactly like this. ( ignore the animated transitions)
    https://northernlighting.no
    2. when the above mentioned website menu is open I can still scroll the page. This feels
    intuitive. When the pushy pane window is open I can't connect at all with the page.
    Is there a way around this or am I doing something wrong.

Alternatively, all I require is an accordion widget that pushes the info down the page.
    unfortunately I can't separate the trigger from the target on an accordion widget the way
    I can with a composition widget. The composition widget however doesn't push the content
    down the page... Any workarounds or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Karen, with the Pushy Panes widget, I'm afraid you would have to close te menu to get back your page access.
    The accordion however, is the most used and closest to your example.
    Most designs with the accordion use the 'hamburger/close' button above the menu (unlike your example). This is a relatively easy thing to do with using png's and states, to affect the change between the open and close. You can adjust the size of both the trigger and target also. This will give you a bit more of the effect of your example, while maybe not exactly. You can use the accordion to either push the page content down or overlap it.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. Karen573

Karen573 Member

Thanks a lot for your feedback DjHerold, not what I was hoping to hear but I suppose I will need to change my design plans. Hopefully someone will come up with a widget the works like my reference at some point. Thanks again!