Pushy Panes question

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by sasegars, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sasegars

sasegars Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed something, I've setup pushy panes on homepage and the "open" buttons float around, I'm trying to lock these together (4 open buttons, 4 panels top left bottom and right) so they aren't floating when browser size changes?

Not sure how to accomplish that, or if it's doable?

I'm reading now that it may not be?

Still formatting within the panes, but don't want to invest much more time if it isn't doable. I understand making adjustments for breakpoints, etc (haven't done that yet) -- I just can't determine how to keep the items together?

http://candopro.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

sasegars, I don
    t know if you've tried this but maybe grouping the buttons? I haven't tried that, but that's not your only concern at the lower break points. Your panes are getting out of positions with you content. What you may want to try is to place another instance of those 4 panels at the break point where your buttons fall apart. It also seems that the content fails at the same approx. size.
    Dj

3. sasegars

I did try to group the open buttons with the title text -- didn't seem to work?

The odd thing is that the center top button DOES seem to follow the text block? Do you see that?

I just didn't want to do more than 3 or 4 breakpoints -- perhaps i'll do 1200, 960, a 700 and 400?

It still appears that they're floating? I've grouped them in the link below

pin + group? no pin + group? any suggestions? pin each? something maybe?

http://candopro.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

4. sasegars

Was anyone able to determine a solution for this?

5. DjHerold

sasegars, I don't think you mentioned if adding a new instance and re positioning it on the break point where this is prevalent was attempted?
    Let me know.
    Dj

6. sasegars

Sorry DJ -- I'm not sure I understand what your suggestion is?

7. DjHerold

No worries, look at your design, and when you scale it down to a smaller break point (even if a break point isn't defined yet), when the design breaks (in this case, when the arrows start to shift incorrectly), place a break point. At the new break point, hide the existing instances of your Pushy Panes and add new ones sized and positioned for the smaller break point.
    Dj