pushy panes pane width

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by victorianpine, Oct 5, 2016.

1. victorianpine

victorianpine Well-Known Member

Is it possible to have the panel cover 100% on lower breakpoints & say 66% on larger breakpoints.
    It would seem obvious but have tried everything (well almost)
    my site: http://vp2016.businesscatalyst.com

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

victorianpine, have you tried using two instances of the widget?
    I did a quick mock up using the widget at 960, covering 60% when open, and hiding it on all other breakpoints.
    I then used a second instance of the widget at a 500 breakpoint and hid that in other breakpoints.
    This one I had cover at 100%.
    It seemed to give the look you are asking about.
    Give it a shot and let me know.
    Dj

3. victorianpine

victorianpine Well-Known Member

Hi DJ.
    I have tried that but I seem to get cross over from other breakpoints (screenshot below), tried changing unique iD pane name & graphic style. I may just stick with same for all breakpoints. Thanks as always for your help. Andy
    Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 19.44.41.png

4. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

@Steve Harris @Brandon @DjHerold

After using the Connect Gallery I was forced to use Pushy Pane menu to get my site mostly working. The one caveat that I am having is that you can only control the width with a % percentage.

Can we have an option to control the width with pixels. I know that the menu only needs to be 280px wide.

When I see this widget being used in the Karma template it looks silly on larger sizes compared to mobile. This site would benefit from a max 280px option as well.

This would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  5. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

any update on this:

@Steve Harris @Brandon @DjHerold

6. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jesse, as of now, I haven't seen anything on making a change like that, but if you want to contact the support team they always keep a list of things they try to accommodate.
    Dj

7. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member

Thanks DJ...I just submitted the request to add the pixel width option. I think it would greatly improve peoples designs. See attached image.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

8. razah

razah Active Member

Really hoping to see this change! My site does not work without it. The breakpoint workaround is horrible for huge content websites.

Jesse likes this.