Solved Pushy Panes Content Doubling on Scroll

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by Dallas, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Dallas

Dallas Member

Hello, I have pushy panes content that requires a vertical scroll. When publishing and previewing, all looks great, but when I begin to scroll down, one instance of the text stays and a second appears which actually scrolls (and overlaps). Please see example attached. Is this a known issue? Are pushy panes not designed to have content requiring scrolling? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey @Dallas , quick question, is the content in question within the pushy panes itself that's being overlapped or is the pushy panes showing the content underneath it?

3. Dallas

Dallas Member

Thanks for the reply Norman. Its all within the pushy pane and not showing anything beneath/on the actual page. Here is a link to view: http://buildyourstorywithus.drotzdesign.com/untitled-2.html

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Dallas, that is very strange, I don't think I've seen that before. You should be able to scroll like normal.
    Could you post a screen shot or two on how this was set up. The setting on the fly outs would help also.
    It almost looks like there are two instances of the text, one fixed and one scrolling.
    Dj

5. Dallas

Dallas Member

Sure thing DJ, here you are. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Attached Files:

6. Dallas

Dallas Member

DJ, I think I have solved this: I had two breakpoints...When I deleted the other breakpoint, all displays as expected. Is pushy panes designed to only work with a single breakpoint? Thanks

7. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Dallas, If you had two instances of the text, one for each break point then that would make sense.
    The widget will work across multiple break points but remember that if your page "breaks" and things are squished, you might need to re arrange things in a smaller break point Like maybe move the close or open buttons to a new location to make room.
    With some widgets you need to place another instance, which it sounds like you were doing, but when you do, you may need to hide the old instance in the new instances break point, and vice versa. Sounds complicated but it's easier to do than to write about.
    Also, let me note that we are going to be updating a few widgets next week, and I think PP may be one of them due to smaller break point issues.
    Hope this helps
    Dj