Pushy Panes blogs COLLAPSIBLE TEXT BOXES

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by Pid, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Pid

Pid Member

I tried to use Pushy Panes on a page where COLLAPSIBLE TEXT BOXES is used.
    As long as Pushy Panes is on the page COLLAPSIBLE TEXT BOXES does not work anymore.
    When I delete Pushy Panes, COLLAPSIBLE TEXT BOXES works as it should.
    Does somebody know a fast workaround to get rid of this conflict?

2. NeilL

NeilL Member

This is the same for carousel video too.

I have found it is hard to use more than one widget they interfere with each other

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

NeilL, you are correct, not all widgets will work together. Widgets are just another way to code (and in the case of Muse, keep the user from having to code). As with code, there can be conflict. You gave two good examples. The Pushy Panes widget is coded to take over the page and make it control the size and behavior of the page. Then you have a widget like the text boxes, and it wants to push the page around, a conflict.
    Most widgets will be fine with another, but depending on what the widget does to a page or item will dictate others that are compatible.
    As always, I will pass your concern on to the developers, but unfortunately, some are like this.
    Dj

4. NeilL

NeilL Member

Dj. Not so much a concern just knowing limitations.

However found some great way round things. Presentation widget is absolutely awesome. You can add things like the carousel to a child state button in a state button in a panel and they work just as they should. So the child separates code.

Use video carousel to deliver pictures and mp3, you don't have to use mp4 in it. So as you can see understanding the limitations and pushing the boundaries is how to create very cool outputs.

I will play with many more using the presentation widget. Even if I only have 1 panel to create the child panels. Playing now to add sliders to child state buttons.

Keep up the great work. These take the hard work out coding. ☺

Alex Wiley likes this.
  5. BillyD

BillyD Active Member

..even on a blank page (no presumed conflicts), I cannot get collapsible text to work. Any tips. I have watched the video, and running the latest versions of...everything and am using the version 11.2 of the widget. It's not a complex widget, so very confused. Is there some issue that many people have? ...paragraph name has no spaces etc. Definitely missing something basic, thanks---BD

6. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

BillyD, you are correct, it is a very simple widget in the sense of it's operation.
    I am having no issues, so let me tell you what I've done. It may be you're missing a simple step.
    First, I placed the widget on a new blank site/page.
    Then I created a text box with about fifteen line of text.
    Once the text was created, I selected the text box and gave the box a Paragraph style of 'text'.
    I then opened the fly out and typed in the paragraph style name in the paragraph style box.
    Then previewed in browser, and everything worked fine.
    Let me know if you've done anything different.
    Dj