'Profile' template question...

Discussion in 'Templates' started by marcelt, Apr 7, 2017.

1. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

I just downloaded the 'Profile' template to start working with it.

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/profile

Prior to making changes I thought I'd test publish and noted a discrepancy right off the bat.

In the live preview on muse-themes.com the large background image (with the fellows half face) is always cleanly positioned to the right, with the face nicely positioned vertically centered (iow nose always in the middle of the screen).

However in the preview from the downloaded package I immediately noticed that the same is apparently anchored to the bottom, so the larger the window gets, the higher up he appears, to the point where his chin is above center and his face is out of screen at the top from his mustache up.

How to correct?

upload_2017-4-7_11-34-21.png

I'm not concerned about the blur of course, just the position.

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Marcel!
    - Activate the image
    - Go to Fill feature
    - Change the image location to middle right (default is down right)
    :)

marcelt likes this.
  3. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

Thanks @Jeremei,

Thanks did the trick. I guess this wasn't the set by default to keep me on my toes :).

Might I ask since I have your attention two things?
    1. What is the benefit of placing everything into state buttons? I notice this hero has a state button nested in a state button, but for no obvious reason.
    2. I'm a curious type and tried to reverse engineer the 'wedge' but for the life of me can't figure it out. Are you aware how its' done?
    I'm glad I signed up for a year since I've obviously got alot to learn!

4. Jeremei

Marcel!
    It seems that in this case the hero image (= nested to state button) has been set to browser width as default but in principle you can set it also responsive with width because state button allows to do it. If you just use the plain image as hero image so it does not allow you to use feature responsive with width as state button allows.
    This is only my simple opinion, maybe Muse-Themes people can give better explanation? :rolleyes:

5. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

Thanks again Jermei.
    Thanks, that does make sense. However the same can be achieved with a basic rectangle, so I'm still alittle confused.

Anyway in the mean time I'm still more concerned with that wedge. It's driving me nuts :confused:

6. Jeremei

Marcel!
    - Activate Wedge Menu layer in layers panel
    - Change the state from Normal to Rollover in states panel (look at the screenshot)
    - Edit the menu items

Home 2.png

7. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

Oh, thanks, but this part I understood.

What I was trying to determine is A) how and where the wedge.png is used vs wedge.svg. And B) how to create the wedge itself to expand (seen in browser, not in muse).

Very interesting seeing your interface in what I assume is Finnish?

8. Jeremei

Marcel!
    I shall try to investigate your A and B questions!
    You are right, here we are in Scandinavia! ;)

9. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

marcelt, this little menu item was a bit of trickery on our part.
    First, to edit the existing 'Wedge', you need to go into the Layers panel and 'Unlock the "Wedge Menu" layer.
    Once you do that you can do as Jeremei suggested and modify your 'States" as with any button.
    The 'Trickery' with this menu is in a little bit of code (we placed it the Head section of the Metadata in the Page properties) that allows this Menu to slide in and out, without the use of the States or another widget (such as our newly re vamped Accordion Hover ).
    As to the first question about "why the State Button'? I'm going to venture a guess here. We originally used our Super Hero widget for the Hero image. And as such the information in the use of the Super Hero widget is always contained in a State Button. Probably when that widget was removed from the template, there was really no need to change the original info from a State to a Rectangle.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

marcelt likes this.
  10. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

Thanks DJ, that's very helpful.

Knowing this I can stop my explorations and get back to using the template!

I've used Muse quite exhaustively, but only the out of the box features. I'm happy to be a new muse-themes member, but realize I've got alot to learn! I hope the community will be patient with me o_O

11. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Always glad to help.
    We have a great community of people here, from all over the world, as evidenced by Jeremei's comments and help.
    Dj