Solved Problems with vigor template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by edquijano, Jan 14, 2016.

1. edquijano

edquijano Member

I can't have access to the vertical bar to edit the template video content and other options. I toggled everything in the master page but not success. I have only access to edit some plugins. The video instruction help in some areas but not at all. Would you help me how to get to the vertical bar and edit some content as is explained in the video instruction?
    Thanks

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hello @edquijano , what are you referring to when you say "vertical bar", is it the fly out panel on the left of the page that you can scroll threw?

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Norman Durkee likes this.
  4. Lilia

Lilia New Member

I'm having an issue with the Vigor template also... there seems to be a crossfit video that pops up on each page for a few seconds then disappears. I Can't find it anywhere in order to remove it... please help.

5. DjHerold

Lilia, good question and I hope to get this added to our 'Knowledge Based Articles' soon.
    Here's what you need to do. Follow the instructions in the linked post above, and once you've got that portion done you will see a 'Trigger' under 'why cross fit'. It will look like a video play button. Click on that until you see the little blue fly out menu arrow. Open the fly out and do the same thing you did on the other one, check the 'show light box parts while editing'. Now you will see the video components (in this case embedded html). Select the video area and delete it. You should be good to go.
    Dj

Lilia likes this.
  6. Lilia

Lilia New Member

Oh my goodness... I FOUND IT !!!! thank you DjHarold :)

7. DjHerold

Lilia, I did not know you had done this much modifications at this point. This may be tricky now, but lets try this so you get the flow. If necessary , you may have to follow with the original first to get the idea, or if you can locate the item in the layers panel on yours that would be optimal. The problem will be if you cannot open the particular composition widget (because of your modifications).
    Here goes....(All examples also show the layers panel where everything resides).....In the first screen shot I am on the Master page and have chosen the 'News' trigger, opened the fly out and checked 'show light box parts while editing'.
    In the second example you will see the light box open, showing what I referred to as the 'Why Cross fit' item in the previous post. If you choose the button that looks like a video symbol (outlined in light blue) you will get another fly out and you'll choose the box I highlighted like before.
    This will take you to example 3, which shows a new set of items that show because you have checked the box in the fly out.
    One of those items is a 'Target' and is your video. In this case the video is placed by using embedded HTML, and not a video widget. That is why you do not see it in your design mode. The layers panel shows where it should be (before modification), and this is what you need to delete.
    If you absolutely cannot find and delete this, I'll have to ask you to place a support ticket to get to a team member that's better schooled in tearing apart code than I am.
    I hope this helps
    Dj

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG

Lilia likes this.
  8. DjHerold

Lilia, I'm glad you were able to make it work.
    I am going to leave my post (we must have been on at the same time), just in case it can help someone else.
    Dj

9. Lilia

Lilia New Member

yes... thank you... i realised that i wasn't going to find it in my file because I had changed it so much... I opened the template and it hit me (LOL) so thanks again... it was driving me up the wall.

lil :)