Solved Problems with vigor - personal trainer template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Carlos Carlos Jr, May 4, 2016.

1. Carlos Carlos Jr

Carlos Carlos Jr New Member

Hello, I'm having a few issues with my Vigor template.

Here is my under-construction website: http://www.erniesperformance.com

1. I've placed the logo in the Master Page Menu in a similar position as http://nickbrown02.businesscatalyst.com/index.html however when published the logo moves with the size of the browser, it doesn't stay put. Also I can't get it to be an HD image.
    2. The wedges that are supposed to hide the top and bottom of the engine image in the middle of the homepage do not stretch the whole width of my browser even though in muse they are set to full browser width. I've tried re-sizing the svg file, stretching, etc, but I can't get it to work.
    3. When the webpage loads, one of the menu options open up automatically. How do I fix this?

These are just a few issues I've run into and they're frustrating me.
    Thanks!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Carlos, would it be possible for you to post a couple of screen shots on your design layout. Make sure to show the top bar of muse in them so we can see the pinning, sizing ect.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Carlos Carlos Jr

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

Carlos, let's take a step at a time. First, you have your logo pinned to the left edge of the page, not the Browser.
    Change that option and your logo will be in the right place and won't scroll.
    Next, in the composition widgets settings, you need to check the box that says 'hide all initially'. This will close that selection area (the Target) of the widget on page opening.
    You issue with the Engine image in the middle, I'm not sure what you're looking for there. I see it like I'm presuming it should look, filling my browser.
    It looks like in your modifying the template, you are changing structural things not just the design elements, be careful with that.
    Some of the positioning and other features can through a design like this off. I would look at your last trigger on the side, ti appears the target has been shifted to the middle of the page.
    Also, you have somehow altered the position of the 100% Height widgets rectangle. But all in all, it's a good start.
    Hope this helps.
    Dj

5. Carlos Carlos Jr

@DjHerold, thank you so much for your help. I noticed you commenting on other posts and you're specifically why I joined the community.

The issues were solved! Thank you.

Do you see any structural things you see that I perhaps should revert back or I've hanged for the bad?
    What do you mean by the target has been shifter to the middle of the page?
    Also, I compared the position of the 100% Height Widget but it was the same as a new vigor site.

Here are some screenshots of the engine image on my browser. Again, this is not an issue with the engine but an issue with the wedges. See how the edge of the wedges aren't sharp to the edge, they're flat at the corners. Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 1.29.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 1.33.07 PM.png

Thanks! @DjHerold

6. Carlos Carlos Jr

Actually @DjHerold, I took at look at the Vigor sample site on muse-themes.com and I see that my wedges are working correct - they're really similar on the website on muse-themes.com.

I noticed that you meant by the target has been shifted to the side. Do you know how to fix this?

One more thing: I noticed that when I mouse-over the menu the white bar seems to get smaller. Do you know why that might be?

Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 1.43.43 PM.png

Again, thanks.

7. DjHerold

Carlos, thank you for the nice comment. It's appreciated.

The target can probably be fixed like this, open the fly out for that composition widget, check 'show light box parts while editing'.
    This will show the targets, and if I'm correct, you should see the target (when you choose it's trigger) that is out of place. Just select it and move it back where the other a placed.
    The changing white sidebar might be a setting or positioning of the 100% height widget. You may have to play with that and adjust.
    Dj