Problems with Template on Mobile device

Discussion in 'Templates' started by jamesfirst, Dec 14, 2017.

1. jamesfirst

jamesfirst New Member

Hi,

I have created a website with a template, when doing the mobile version there seems to be problems.
    Please see below:

Using 320 in Fluid Mode and 320 as breakpoint
    bodichek.com

Using 320 in Fixed Mode and 320 as breakpoint
    bodichek.co.uk

In Fixed Mode, on the mobile phone, half of the page has blank space. In Fluid Mode it allows horizontal scrolling and looks a bit messed up.

How can I sort the related problems out?

Thanks,

James

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

james, could you let us know which template you are using? Which version of Muse too.
    Also, could you post some screen shots of the issue area in Muse (showing the whole canvas please).
    Thanks
    Dj

3. jamesfirst

jamesfirst New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. I use Muse CC 2018.
    Template: InfiniClub

See attached screenshots
    -Muse Phone (Fluid Width)
    -Muse Phone (Fixed Width)
    -Phone Browser (Fluid Width)
    -Phone Browser (Fixed Width)

Thanks,
    James

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

James, thanks for the screen shots.
    Bare with me a bit, because I'm not sure what it is you are attempting to do. I may be confused on my end.
    I'm not sure why you are building a Mobile version, since this template is Responsive as designed.
    Dj

5. jamesfirst

jamesfirst New Member

Hi,
    The reason i am building mobile version is because the website looked all over the place on a mobile phone.

I want to know what is going wrong as other templates the mobile site i built was fine.

Can you help to get it displaying correctly on a mobile phone?

James

6. DjHerold

James, the reason I was confused about the "Phone" version, is because if you are using our Template (which is Responsive already), adding a Phone version could cause issues because of things you may add or delete from it. So it's hard to know from screen shots.
    But, a couple of things to try first.
    I'd move my break point up to at least 380 for the Mobile size, maybe even 450. Just seems to work a bit more fluid for me.
    As a side note, when I design a site, I like to make my sites a mixture of fluid and fixed BP's in the same site.
    I make my large sizes as fixed (maybe with a fixed or fluid BP for tablet range, depending on my design), and I make my Mobile size as fluid (around 450 and below). One thing that get lost a lot in Muse design, is remembering that the browser being used will summon the closest correct size for the device being used. That's why it's always best to check your design in a Mobile device instead of relying on an emulator.
    Something else to make sure of with your particular issue is that there is nothing off the page area, even a little bit. This can make things shift quite a bit.
    If all else fails, please feel free to send in a support ticket (resources>contact us) and see what the team can find (they can look at your file).
    Be sure to mention you're template and the issues you are having with it in Mobile.
    Thanks
    Dj