Solved Problem with UNION Template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by brooklotzkar, Jan 22, 2016.

1. brooklotzkar

brooklotzkar New Member

Hey everyone! I'm having a slight problem with the Union Template. When I try previewing the LEARN MORE button so the lightbox appears and the contact us form pops-up, it doesn't show the full rectangle around the form nor does the text fit in the form fields. What can I do to fix this? Thanks so much!

(see attached image)

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

brook, without knowing any of the modification you may have made, could I ask a couple of questions?
    First, can you tell me some of the things you may have done or changed?
    And if you have made any structural changes, would you try opening the original template and see if it works ok without any changes.
    Thanks, and let me know.
    Dj

3. brooklotzkar

brooklotzkar New Member

Hi DjHerold! I added 2 widgets into this template -- HeadLiner & Media Pro Gallery. Beyond that, I haven't changed much of the template beyond some design elements.

I've opened the original template and the pop-up contact form works properly. I've tried copying and pasting the button composition into my version of the template, but the problem still occurs with that button too.

4. DjHerold

brook, we continue to be having an issue with the Media Pro gallery and some widgets. Unfortunately the form in that template is one of them.
    There is a quick fix though, delete the form portion of the template and replace it with the Classic form widget. They are very similar in size and can be styled similar. This will make the composition widget that opens and the form play nice with the gallery.
    Let me know if you need anything more.
    Dj

5. brooklotzkar

brooklotzkar New Member

Ok thanks for letting me know about that. So should I start from scratch and make a new button, or do I just go to to the Widget's Library and replace it with the Simple Contact form? Or is the Classic form another widget I can download from Muse Themes?

I'm pretty new to Muse, so I'm trying to figure out how to make the similar type of button that does a lightbox pop up to a contact form. If you have any tips that would be greatly appriciated!

Also do I need to replace the form on the bottom of the Union form? It seems to be working fine, though I haven't tested to see if it emails properly to me yet. Is there anyway I can have it display a custom message at the bottom below Submit that says something like "Thank you. Someone will be in touch with you shortly."

Thanks for all your help!

6. DjHerold

brook, here's what you can do. Select the Learn More button on the page. You will see the little blue arrow for the fly out panel. Click that and on the bottom area of the panel you will see a box for "show light box parts while editing". Check that and you will now see your form. Select only the form (click on the form until you see the designation 'Form' in the upper left of Muse. Once selected, you can just hit delete. We have a widget called the Classic Form widget in our widgets area. Download that and drag it into the other forms position. You can then get out of the form, select the box it's all in and un check the editing box in the fly out to make it all go back into the button (although this isn't necessary for it to work, it just makes it visually easier to design.).
    Let me know if anything else isn't working,
    Dj