Solved problem with the anchor on the presentation panel

Discussion in 'Presentation Panels' started by emiliano morbioli, Feb 2, 2016.

1. emiliano morbioli

emiliano morbioli Member

Hi,
    I've been trying to use the anchor on the website I want to set but I got stuck because I can't use the" #" icon before the anchor name.
    When I set the link between the anchor and the page I want to link, the result on the preview seems to work because I can see on the URL that it works but again I can't really see its effective functioning.
    can you help me?
    thanks

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

emiliano, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do? Are you trying to add an anchor and have a button or something like that link to another part of the same page? Are you trying to link to another page?
    Could I ask for a bit more detail. You would only place the # in front of your anchors name in, let's say a widgets links area, if you were going to an anchor within the same page (like a long scrolling page).
    Give me a bit more on what you'd like to do and we'll get you going.
    Also, could I ask, where in all this, does the Presentation Panel come in?
    Dj

3. emiliano morbioli

emiliano morbioli Member

i would like to create a connection between the menu (e.g., about) and the anchor.
    The anchors should be placed at the top-center of the buttons (e.g., panel1,panel2) within the same page of the menu (like as long scrolling page) (see image 1). I did it. However, it didn't work. When I clicked on the " About" menu it didn't scroll down to the anchor link. Anyhow, the http link appeared on the webpage. (see image 2)

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

emiliano, if I'm understanding what you want, try un checking the 'enable auto scroll' in the main gear fly out panel.
    Let me know how that does.
    Dj

5. emiliano morbioli

emiliano morbioli Member