Problem with CONTACT FORM widget

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Jim Anderson, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Anderson

Jim Anderson Member

Hi everyone.

On a website that I developed with Muse CC 2017 I encounter an annoying problem:

The mail that is sent from the website using the standard contact widget has the address that I have set up in the widget's parameters as the FROM address.

I would like that to be the content of the email field of the form.

I tried to make a form in PHP to insert it in the page, it doesn't work.

Has anyone got an idea how to achieve this stupid thing?

Thanks in advance.

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Jim!
    I am not sure did I understand right?
    Do you want to add the receiver email address field to visual contact form (same as in the widget´s parameter)?
    If it so, click "Single LIne Text" (plus icon) in the widget and write into the opened fields what you want in the contact form (look at the screenshot).
    This worked when I was testing contact form in Business Catalyst.
    Home.png

3. Jim Anderson

Jim Anderson Member

No quite the contrary.
    In fact let's say John Smith fills out the form and clicks on the send button. I receive a mail from Jim (me, the one who made the site) in which the field email filled by the visitor of the site contains John Smith.
    I would like the email field filled in the form by the visitor be also the address of the sender (FROM in mail header).

4. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Jim!
    You want that the widget will send the copy from the sent email to the sender, it is like an archive document? Right? :rolleyes:

If it so, you can add as many email addresses (email receivers) as you want to widget´s field "Email to". Separate email addresses with comma.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  5. Jim Anderson

Jim Anderson Member

Thanks. In fact all the time it was doing the job the right way. I overlooked something.

Thanks for your help nevertheless.

Jim

Attached Files:

6. Jim Anderson

Jim Anderson Member

In fact what I find disturbing is the following:
    In the mail that I receive the FROM and TO fields contain the information in the EMAIL TO option of the widget parameters. I would prefer the FROM field of the mail to contain what is in the REPLY TO field which is the email filled by the person in the contact form.
    Does anyone know how to do that?

7. FlashingSteve

FlashingSteve Member

Thanks for asking,
    I would also like to know the answer.
    As I have a form for a newsletter, and my script has it replying, but it replies to me and not the one who filled out thr form.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.