presentation panels 2.0

Discussion in 'Presentation Panels' started by marcelt, Apr 26, 2017.

1. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

I recently started working with presentation panels, and find it great to work with, however I immediately started running into walls, searches the forums, and didn't really get any answers. As such, unless someone can prove otherwise, I assume the following suggestions currently aren't supported & as such would recommend they get rolled into a 2.0 version of the widget;

1. Responsive support – I've had issues with the child elements properly centering itself when using breakpoints. I've seen other reports of strange behavior as well, so I suspect there's some inherent bugs
    2. Anchor link support WITH auto scrolling – Given that autoscrolling is a very attractive option within this widget, and using active scroll indicators is just good UX (downarrow w/ anchor), finding a way to marry them would be wonderful
    3. Control control – Having a way to re-draw the scroll 'dots' aside from colour and indent would be a great way to allow us to customize these sites. Maybe I want my dots square, or bigger etc etc.
    4. Direction switching – Allow me to horizontally swipe away the cover panel, but then vertically scroll the rest.
    5. Header/Footer inclusion/exclusion – Currently the supported header & footer option floats said header & footer above the panels. However when the header/footer are opaque, it might be nice for the space they take up to be excluded from the panel realestate. This would help reduce background image clipping.
    6. Full child support – Middle, top, bottom, left top, bottom, right top, bottom. What happened to left & right center?
    I truly hope someone comes & tells me the above are all possible, but if not, imagine the options if they were infact supported!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

marcelt, some good suggestions, and some that are already in the works in a re design of the widget.
    As of now, there isn't a time frame for release, so I suggest placing a support ticket letting the team know your thoughts.
    I can't say that these suggestions are all possible (being mindful of too much code), but I can say that if they are, the team will see what they can accomplish.
    Thanks
    Dj

marcelt likes this.