Solved Presentation Panel Centering Not Resetting on Page Load

Discussion in 'Presentation Panels' started by krspond, Aug 2, 2016.

1. krspond

krspond Member

I'm using Presentation Panel as my home page. It is the only element on the page. For some reason, the child elements do not center on page load. However, they will immediately center if the page is resized at all. Anyone know how to fix this odd behavior?

Page Load (off-center)
    Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 4.09.51 PM.png

Slight Browser Resize (centered)
    Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 4.09.59 PM.png

2. krspond

krspond Member

Well, I'm pretty sure I solved it, so I'll post here and let others confirm or use the information. I had a page width of 960. Anything outside of that caused the issue. So, I unlocked the page width on that page. Problem solved.

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

krs, thanks for posting this.
    These kind of things can drive people crazy, so knowing this will help others.
    Thanks Again
    Dj

4. nijinska

nijinska New Member

I was having this problem for absolutely ages, and this solution suggested above unfortunately didn't work for me. But I have (at last!) managed to find a workaround which I thought I'd share.

The misalignment issue only appears to arise when a child panel set to responsive height and width is opened in a browser window wider than the page has been designed for. So, for example, if the page has been designed at 960px width and it's opened in a window smaller than that, everything will be fine. But if it's opened in a window wider than 960px, then the responsive child panel will initially appear off centre and will only snap to the centre once the browser window is resized.

The problem only seems to happen with fluid pages - and then where the child panels (or elements inside them) are also set to be responsive. On fixed pages, or on fluid pages where the child panels are themselves fixed width, everything appears to work fine every time.

I've found the following steps (used together or in combination) fix the issue:
    (1) Designing the page with a very wide width (I've used 3000px) - this means that the browser window is always going to be smaller than the page design.
    (2) Placing all the child panels on the canvas BENEATH the parent panels (i.e. rather than actually placing them on top of or within the parent panels).
    (3) Centre pinning all the child panels.

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

nijinska, good info, but I'd also suggest trying your original page sizes but with the Chevrons at the top (near the scrubber bar) turned to the right. This will allow your content to expand past the page size parameters.
    Having said that, I haven't experimented with the other items you shared, so again, thanks
    Dj